StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all been lurking around here for a while and reading all the good things about the wee and decided to get one for my first road bike. I have noticed in some posts people refer to a DL 650 adventure. Is the DL 650 and DL 650 adventure the same thing or is the adventure another model. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
They are the same bike, except that the Adventure model comes equipped with a different windshield, crash bars and some hard luggage. May be a couple other things, as well, maybe a skid plate too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are the same bike, except that the Adventure model comes equipped with a different windshield, crash bars and some hard luggage. May be a couple other things, as well, maybe a skid plate too.
Adventure model:
-hard topcase
-hard saddlebags
-handguards
-centrestand
-crashbars
-skidplate
-adjustable windscreen

basically, it will come with al the farkles you would be spending money on adding in the future :fineprint:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the adventure sounds like exactly what I would want. Too bad there's no adventures for sale around me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah the adventure sounds like exactly what I would want. Too bad there's no adventures for sale around me.
pretty sure if u went to any dealership with sincere will to buy it with $$ in ur hand they could make u a good offer on an adventure model cause this time of the year the season is about to end and they're willing to sell. or they could sell u a normal DL650 with a good offer/discount on genuine accessories to dress it up like an adventure to your own taste.
go check Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, NJ. i was there last week during my trip down to Washington to pick up some chain lube and i saw an adventure model there

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Adventure model:
-hard topcase
-hard saddlebags
-handguards
-centrestand
-crashbars
-skidplate
-adjustable windscreen

basically, it will come with al the farkles you would be spending money on adding in the future :fineprint:
Mine didn't come with topcase, hand guards, center stand or skid plate. I guess I got ripped off.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Don't think that. I went on cycletrader.com and typed in a 100 mile radius around my zip code and several came up. I bought the one with the lowest price...still new (0 miles) and got the Suzuki financing. Also dealers are VERY willing to deal because they want to get the older models out and with winter around the corner, most are snowmobile dealers too and need the floor space. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Adventure model:
-hard topcase
-hard saddlebags
-handguards
-centrestand
-crashbars
-skidplate
-adjustable windscreen

In the USA, the DL 650 "ADV" list reads:

- luggage racks and side cases
- crash bars
- different windshield with spoiler
- different paint color availability

This was for 2012 - maybe it's different now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts