StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Most of what you did makes sense but I'm unclear why you put your socket for electrics on the side cover so far back. It almost looks like it is for a passenger. Won't your cord be out behind your leg ?

Also curious why you mounted the GPS plug on the handle bar. Are you not concerned about vibration and loosing contact ?

Bobb

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey. First, the sockets are Powerlet (BMW-style) sockets, so they maintain a very nice connection. I don't expect I'll have any trouble with vibration on either of them- I certainly haven't had trouble on my BMW F650 thumper, and it vibrates like a Harley.

Second, placement of the clothing connector- that's underneath my thigh, about 8" down from my thigh. It seems to be a very nice position for the connector- I don't really care for those connectors to be way in front of the rider, anyhow.

-ted

B

·
0 Posts
I also use BMW type connectors although I get mine from John Deere becuase they are cheaper.

I guess I'm just used to the plugs out fron, controller on the side of the tank bag and from there to coat center.

Would seem odd to me to have it behind my leg

Bobb

T

·
0 Posts
Tedder, thanks for the pics and write-up! It's always interesting to see how somebody else has "farkled" their bike. I'm pretty much a minimalist, but I have to say the little battery monitor thingy is very cool. 8)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My f-bike has it on the side, above the engine.. about where the "S" on the Suzuki logo is. Works fairly well, but it's a stretch to plug in and unplug.

So Bobb, what's this I hear about not using your GL500 in the IBR? Ken Morton thinks you should ride in the Hopeless class..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts