StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the stock DL9000 map. A minus sign means less than stock fuel, no minus means more than stock. I'm so confused. I thought the poor running at low RPM was due to being overly lean. The map leads me to believe that the stock fuel injection is overly rich at low RPM. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Been thinking about this all afternoon... Was hoping someone more knowledgable than I would shed some light on this one...

Do you have the same data for any of the other maps available for it? Just curious how those compare....

-Joe

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
They still tune for emissions as far as I'm concerned.....I only have some minus values in the upper rev ranges, we need no more fuel there. The best maps in my opinion come from Fuelmoto, then you can fine tune them to your desire.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only does that map look wrong, it IS wrong. It did indeed make the bike run worse. I replaced it with one that looks like the one below and it works great:

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
That looks pretty good....I personally would add a tad bit more fuel at position 20 for the 3750/4000 RPM range.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Not only does that map look wrong, it IS wrong. It did indeed make the bike run worse. I replaced it with one that looks like the one below and it works great:

This map was done custom on a dyno with my '06 all stock other than K&N. It is a good map, but remember just because its perfect on my bike, does not mean it will be on others. Like Big B says, making some adjustments using this map as base you can prob get a perfect map for your bike.

Or it might run perfect with just this map :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This map was done custom on a dyno with my '06 all stock other than K&N. It is a good map, but remember just because its perfect on my bike, does not mean it will be on others. Like Big B says, making some adjustments using this map as base you can prob get a perfect map for your bike.

Or it might run perfect with just this map :)
Since my bike is bone stock mechanically, it is an excellent match. Now, my motor acts like a big V-Twin should act. Normal cruising rpm is in the 3K range with the ability to smoothly drop down to 2.5K (or even less).

My ride to work is 17 miles on a 2 lane road with almost no passing. Traffic moves at 50-55 mph. I can now drop my bike into 5th gear and leave it there. It is quiet, smooth and relaxed.

The Power Commander adds another dimension to the V-Strom; relaxed cruising. Those who say you should keep the bike over 4K should install a PC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts