StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help! I have about 800 miles on the 2020 1050xt and today the TC light, ABS light, Engine Light and Master Warning light came on. In addition to that, the speedo went down to zero after I got past 3rd gear or so intermittently. I also have no fuel efficiency display. All the fuses are good. There doesn't appear to be anything loose at the wheels or wheel sensors. The engine and brakes are otherwise running normally. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Start with checking your battery cables are clean & tight at both ends.

They tend to work loose on bikes but unlike a car the bike will still start.

Check the ABS motor fuse is sitting in tight, that fuse will take out the things you described.

Have you made any changes to the bike or is it as it was built by Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Wow, that's a new bike! She needs to go right back to the dealer. Surely it's a loose connection in the ABS circuit. Maybe they weren't as diligent as they should have been when setting it up out of the crate.

Reactions: bwilliamsky

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Check the ABS motor fuse is sitting in tight, that fuse will take out the things you described.

I did no modifications whatsoever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's a new bike! She needs to go right back to the dealer. Surely it's a loose connection in the ABS circuit. Maybe they weren't as diligent as they should have been when setting it up out of the crate.
You're absolutely right. I drove quite a distance downstate to get this bike, and the dealer was clearly unfamiliar. They mis-installed the windscreen of all things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I imagine I would have to take a lot of plastic off to get to those connections. Ugh!

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,152 Posts
Speedo, ABS and TC related? Something to do with one or the other Wheel Rotation sensors. There should be a fault code or two although the easy solution is to get that distant dealer to remedy it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
+1 to @Brockie and @slovcan. I'd check the connections I can easily access (starting with the battery, and the big one behind the left fairing), but mostly I'd be expecting Suzuki to handle it. While I'd prefer to take it to where I bought it, you don't necessarily need to do that if it's a long ways away; however, you're maybe not likely to not get priority service if you drove out of your way to save a few bucks and then get it serviced somewhere closer.

Reactions: slovcan

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had this, had to go to dealer. They reset what ever, still having issues with bike. Currently getting looked at seriously at another dealer.

If you're having problems accelerating and fuel mileage is garbage. Let me know what they figure out.

Ivan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had this, had to go to dealer. They reset what ever, still having issues with bike. Currently getting looked at seriously at another dealer.

If you're having problems accelerating and fuel mileage is garbage. Let me know what they figure out.

Ivan
Interesting... I found that the bike would chug a little bit when accelerating. I assumed this was because the traction control was flaking out. I had an appointment with a dealer to look at it but the problem just spontaneously resolved. After three days of issues, I got the bike out on the interstate for a while and I haven't had a problem since. All the idiot lights turned off and the bike stopped chugging. My current plan is to take the plastics off when I put the bike away for the winter, and I'll check all the electrical connectors to verify that they are intact and protected. No use going to the dealer until or unless the issue comes up again. What kind of fuel mileage are you getting??

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
No use going to the dealer until or unless the issue comes up again.
As @Brockie points out -- fault code might be a critical bit of info. I don't know how it works on these bikes, but on some cars, you want to read that code off the diag connector BEFORE you shut off the engine, so if it were me, and it happens again, I'd wheel around on the spot and get to a Suzuki dealer without turning it off, and see if they can pull a diagnostic code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As @Brockie points out -- fault code might be a critical bit of info. I don't know how it works on these bikes, but on some cars, you want to read that code off the diag connector BEFORE you shut off the engine, so if it were me, and it happens again, I'd wheel around on the spot and get to a Suzuki dealer without turning it off, and see if they can pull a diagnostic code.
I suppose that's true. I'll call them next time and see what they say. If I can get in without making an appointment a week ahead I'll be truly impressed.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
I suppose that's true. I'll call them next time and see what they say. If I can get in without making an appointment a week ahead I'll be truly impressed.
They don't need to actually fix it on the spot; just need a few minutes of someone's time to read the code for you. A decent shop shouldn't need an appointment for that, if they understand the situation.

Reactions: Brockie
1 - 13 of 13 Posts