StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum for a definitive answer. Maybe I missed it.
Is the OEM centerstand the first hard part to scrap the road ?

(not including the foot peg "curb feelers")

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
I don't know for a fact but since any time the factory centerstand is installed on a Strom it gets a longer "feeler" on the left footpeg the implication is it would be the first to drag otherwise why put on the longer feeler?

Edit: The above is only true on the the DL650's. The 2014+ DL1000 ***DOES NOT*** get a longer feeler with the centerstand.

The implication stands though.. if the centerstand was going to scrape first you could be assured Suzuki would put a longer feeler in it as they did on the DL650's when they had a centerstand.

..Tom

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
I have NEVER dragged a centerstand on 3 V-Stroms......

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I lean pretty aggressively at times in our endless twisties and in looking at mine (SW-Motech) it appears the slider on the bottom of the foot peg will touch first. I have never touched on pavement. I never did on my 650 either with a SW-Motech.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know for a fact but since any time the factory centerstand is installed on a Strom it gets a longer "feeler" on the left footpeg the implication is it would be the first to drag otherwise why put on the longer feeler?

..Tom
Wow _ that is very informative. I had no idea. So they ship a feeler with the c-stand ?

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Wow _ that is very informative. I had no idea. So they ship a feeler with the c-stand ?

All three stock centerstands on my Stroms had them and it was noted in the installation instructions.

..Tom

EDIT: My statement above is incorrect. Only DL650's had the extended peg feeler. The 2014+ DL1000 does ***NOT*** get an extended peg feeler.

·
Registered
630 Posts
All three stock centerstands on my Stroms had them and it was noted in the installation instructions.

..Tom
I just purchased and installed an OEM center stand and there was no alternative peg feeler included or mentioned in the instructions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I don't have the feelers on my pegs, I do have the front of my V2 lowered 10mm and something on the left side scrapes, I have always assumed it was the centre stand but I have never really had a good look, I will be using some great roads this weekend so I will have a look to see what shines at the end of the day.

Reactions: NVDucati

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just purchased and installed an OEM center stand and there was no alternative peg feeler included or mentioned in the instructions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Same here.

The OEM center stand for my '14 V2 did not come with an alternative peg feeler.

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Okay I'l look at mine when I get it back. My 650's each had them (second was dealer installed before delivery) and I had dealer install it before delivery on my 1000 as well. Perhaps I'm wrong. I should have it back later the week (it's getting valves checked and plugs changed and slave cylinder fixed. )

..Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
My factory centre stand came with the longer left hand footpeg feeler. I have never scraped anything on my Vstrom even when 2 up. Mid corner bumps 2 up are a real test. My previous 2 Triumphs would regularly scrape.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just looked at the OEM parts fiche for the '14 V2 and don't see a left side peg feeler with the center stand kit or an alternative in the footrest set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
...Is the OEM centerstand the first hard part to scrap the road ?...
Yes - it will be the first thing that scrapes pavement in a left turn. I have scraped footpegs on both my DL650 end DL1000A, but not the OEM centerstand. The foot-pegs will "give", the centerstand will NOT - so be warned...

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Okay I'll take back what I said about longer peg feeler. Both my DL650's had them with the factory sidestand kit.

I swear the standard peg feelers are longer (on both sides) than what came as Stock on my DL650's (but could be mistaken.) I can also say that the feelers, at least with the peg lowering kit, scrape before anything else including the factory sidestand.

..Tom

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've scraped both feelers on my 650 ... sidestand isn't an issue.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Okay I'll take back what I said about longer peg feeler. Both my DL650's had them with the factory sidestand kit.

I swear the standard peg feelers are longer (on both sides) than what came as Stock on my DL650's (but could be mistaken.) I can also say that the feelers, at least with the peg lowering kit, scrape before anything else including the factory sidestand.

..Tom
I'm thinking that maybe the factory side case kit (for adventure models) comes with the longer feelers ("Lean Angle Sensor", lol) as those side cases stick out pretty far.

Edit - Zuki calls it a Footrest Sensor...must be Kawasaki that labels it Lean Angle Sensor.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Reactions: IDRIDR

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Has anyone scraped their center stand on V2 yet? I don't have feelers on my SW Motech pegs.
Nope, probably not going to happen with chicken-little me. The last bike I scraped hard parts on was a Vulcan 500. First time it happened I about soiled myself, lol.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Reactions: DesertBike
1 - 20 of 24 Posts