StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2003 1000. I am in Des Moines and moved to the gravel road area, so switched to the adv bike. The bike has 50k but in good shape. I am looking to do some upgrades to travel this summer, Yellowstone and the west. I think the big ones are a better windshield and bags. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the money train has began, new shifter, new exhaust, new to me bags, side and tank bag, also wind screen, madstad. I am thinking of the power commander next, any thoughts?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am thinking of the power commander next, any thoughts?
Absolutely! I had 2 Vee 1000s, 02, and 05 or 06? you must've done your homework! Both of mine had a dangerous "hiccup" occasionally when pulling away...no biggie going straight, but if you're turning, it's a recipe for dropping it. After the PC, they were great!! Welcome!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well the money train has began, new shifter, new exhaust, new to me bags, side and tank bag, also wind screen, madstad. I am thinking of the power commander next, any thoughts?
It all depends on the rider. On my 2009 Vee (bought 2nd hand at 5000 km) it already had a givi windshield to which I added the madstad bracket. Mine also came from the factory with hard bags in the rear and engine guards. No other upgrades. As for the stalling on takeoff while turning I balanced the vacuum for both cylinders and set the idle to 1300 rpm ( as indicated by suzuki) no more issues. Putting a power commander on probably gives you extra HP's however I have enough as is - especially for the Canadian speed limits.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts