Strom Trooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Hello Fellow 1K'ers, (ego maniacs to others not mentioned :rolleyes: )

I decided it was time to check the TPS on my bike. I have not done this in 24.5K miles, so I thought it was a good time, doncha know! Also I noticed that there really were not any good details regarding the TPS check posted to date, so I thought I'd take a few pictures for the folks at home!

Here ya go.

Start by removing the seat. The Dealer socket is located on the left side of the bike next to the seat storage area. Shown in the picture below.

Fish it out using your fingers. It's a white six pin plug with a black dust cover. There is a little slack in the wire harness that allows you to bring it out in the open.

The two wires you need to jump to put the bike into dealer mode are the black/white wire & the white/red wire.
A tool made for the job is available from Suzuki for about $13.00 (04&up part no. 09930-82720). Or you can Mullet the job by using a piece of wire.

Once you have jumped the correct wires, turn the ignition to on. Make sure that you are in neutral or the "check" light will not go out.
After the diagnostic "Check" you should see this...

The bar should be in the center for correct TPS alignment. If it is a high bar (top) or low bar (bottom) you will need to manually adjust the
Throttle Position Sensor. The 00 code indicates that there are no trouble codes in the ECU. If you get a code other than 00 refer to the Service Manual
for an explanation of the code.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Stickied - cuz da Shep is just too friggin cool with these Tech How-To's.

I might just make you in charge of them, my man.

Thanks again for your contributions!

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Shep is da man!!!

Great idea and write ups!!!! I love using the mullet connector, it never goes out of style.;) I think I'll go recheck my TPS.

Thanks Shep!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.