StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order the correct rate fork springs and rear shock spring for my 2007 dl1000. Was looking into race tech components, are they good, is there something else I should be looking at? This is my first time messing with suspension on a Vee let alone any street bike. I use race tech in my dirt bike which is why I looked at them first. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,424 Posts
I have used Race Tech on my Wee/Glee models. While you don't need the cartridge emulators on the Vee, there is certainly room for improvement with proper springs and fork oil. I think there are some more advanced internal parts for the Vee also, but that depends on what you are expecting.

I wouldn't be afraid to try any brand, I think the setup/installation and tuning is what matters. Any brand can be made to work. Especially when compared to stock!

·
Registered
135 Posts
call and talk to Dan at Traxxion Dynamics
great guys down there and have a few different options
I am not sure what they have for the stroms

·
Registered
251 Posts
I used Racetech compression valves and springs in my 08 vee and I couldn't have been happier. Customer service was outstanding-the owner returned a call on a Sunday afternoon. I used an Elka shock on the rear but I'm sure you'd be happy with whatever shock spring they recommend.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up ordering the front and rear springs as well as the front compression and rebound valves, should handle great when I get it all dialed in. Still up in the air on if I should or shouldn't install my 1" lowering kit. I may lower it just for my road test in March, apparently putting both feet down at a stop is part of it and I can not do that. Lol. If I do install I think I'd take it out after the road test though. I like the height and ground clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You can save a lot of money ordering the Sonics over the RT's.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I did sonic springs in the front along with race tech gold valving. In the back I only did a progressive spring swap. I can not be happier and wish I would not have waited on installing the upgrades. I cant say yes or no on the drop, both feet can touch the pavement.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you all use 5w fork oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
progressive

Last fall I spring had progressive springs installed in the front.
Awesome , I should have done it years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts