StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a DL1000 and liked everything about it ... except the wind protection. Has anyone about 6'1" gotten an aftermarket screen and bracket combination that gets it to a to a point where it is reasonably "calm" for 400 + mile days at 80 to 85 mph?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
You really need to acquaint yourself with the search function.

Not to be a smartass or anything but there is lots of info on Stroms doing long trips and even more info on windshield options and experiments.

·
Registered
264 Posts
yea, the windshield opinions are in just about every post in this forum. Gets kind of annoying after a while. But you will find what you are looking for eventually.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do a search and be more confused than ever 'cause windscreen preference is such a personal thing.

I have a Givi on my 650. Perfect for me.

Your results may vary.

- Tom

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
The DL1000 is a fantastic touring machine, in my opinion. I don't want a large windshield, and I like a little wind every now and then.
Yep, like the others mentioned, the windshield topic comes up constantly. But when the bike is so spectacular, there isn't much else to really complain or talk about.

I am now on a Wee-Strom, and I rate it as a good touring machine. I did a 3800 mile trip labor day week on it. The DL could have been better at times, but I wasnt dissapointed at all. And it was more flickable (Couldn't resist----another statement that appears here daily). :twisted:

I visit two other forums regularly. Discoweb, a Land Rover website and ADVrider. On Discoweb, a question about "what tires to get" comes up daily. Yep, it is very annoying but if it isn't posted each day, then something just doesn't feel right. :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Hey Howboucha. Thanks for stepping in and being the calming, soothing voice of reason.

I feel bad, my first post wasn't very welcoming or helpful. I'll try and work on that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I attended a rally last weekend, so took a different route each way. On saturday I travelled 310 miles in 5 hours, and my return trip on sunday was 520 miles in 10 hours. The Strom is just great for long distance touring. The main modifications I've made are a Madstad windscreen bracket, rear gearing changed from 17/41 to 16/43, and a Scottoiler so I don't have to worry about chain lube and adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Howboucha said:
And it was more flickable (Couldn't resist----another statement that appears here daily). :twisted:
YESSSS!

God save Brendan from the 1K owner's revenge! :lol:

Yep, it is very annoying but if it isn't posted each day, then something just doesn't feel right. :lol:
So if there is a day without new post regarding windshield I can open one? :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Hard to be sweet when you are naturally crusty, I guess. :evil:

mokusbajusz said:
Heavy said:
I feel bad, my first post wasn't very welcoming or helpful. I'll try and work on that.
No chance Heavy! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Heavy said:

mokusbajusz said:
Heavy said:
No chance Heavy! :lol:
Of course I am (but don't worry, only with ya, mate! :lol: )

BTW I just noticed your updated signature.
+1 for that!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Heavy said:

Kind of reminds me of song lyrics here . . . . .

"Though he's Heavy,

He's our brother!"

We still love ya' bro!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put on a Windstrom (ugly), mounted it in highest position with 5/16" spacers on the bottom to give it a better slant. I'm 6' and still see over the top. Only wind I don't like @ 80mph are gusty side winds & don't know if that can be fixed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts