StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this problem started last fall and I thought it was a high RPM problem.
I checked it out this weekend after taking the bike out of winter storage.
It runs fine all through the rev range as long as you wind up the RPM with small throttle openings. When the throttle gets about 5/8ths open the engine misses and the engine can not rev any higher, if you close the throttle slightly it clears up and takes off!
Checked both TPS and STPS sensors, IAP and AP sensors, IAT sensor, gear position sensor and all checked out as per the service manual.

Any Ideas? leaning towards the ECU being bad, but am open to any other ideas.

This bike has always had the 3-4K stumble and I added the Techlusion unit to solve the issue.
Secondaries are still in place, I removed them to see if it made any improvement but no such luck! Put them back in. Bike has 87000KM on it and I have had it since new. It is a 2005.

Thanks, Andy.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yep, fuel filter. Bypass it or stick another OEM in after flow testing of course.
My OEM f filter lasted 50,000 miles, so I bought another.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
Will give it a flow test to see how it does.
I had the fuel pump out as I thought about the filter, but did not see one in there! I cleaned the filter sock, it had a slight amount of rust on it but overall I was happy with how clean the inside of the tank looked.
Never would have thought the black thing the pump is connected to was a filter! Just looks like some kind of manifold for the fuel outlet.

Andy.:thumbup:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The OEM high pressure filter is in the upper pump body.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The OEM filter sits on top of the pump body and is clamped down to it by the two mounting tabs. The pump itself is the self contained metal cylindrical piece below the filter with the sock below it. A clean sock does not mean the filter is good...at least in my case it didn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts