StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've had a 2005 DL1000 for a year and REALLY WANT to like this bike, but it seems to have problems that I cannot resolve. Can anyone recommend a skilled shop or mechanic in the DC area? I've had new brakes, tires, chain/sprockets, air filter, plugs, TBS, and oil change, and I still have a hunch that this thing is not riding properly. It's incredibly sluggish and the gear shifting from 1st to 2nd is terribly rough. I tried to ride two-up this weekend and it was struggling to get going in 1st and 2nd. Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Oh, and it's incredibly loud. So far I am NOT very happy with this bike, thinking that it was going to be a big upgrade from my much-loved SV650. If this is just how it is, then I will be selling it asap.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Theres a dealship on RT- 4 (Penn. Ave extended) S. of DC in nothern Calvert County,
I'm sure the Suzuki site will give you more info.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey all,

I've had a 2005 DL1000 for a year and REALLY WANT to like this bike, but it seems to have problems that I cannot resolve. Can anyone recommend a skilled shop or mechanic in the DC area? I've had new brakes, tires, chain/sprockets, air filter, plugs, TBS, and oil change, and I still have a hunch that this thing is not riding properly. It's incredibly sluggish and the gear shifting from 1st to 2nd is terribly rough. I tried to ride two-up this weekend and it was struggling to get going in 1st and 2nd. Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Oh, and it's incredibly loud. So far I am NOT very happy with this bike, thinking that it was going to be a big upgrade from my much-loved SV650. If this is just how it is, then I will be selling it asap.

Cheers!

Why don't you give me a call. I'm not far from DC and would be willing to help you get it sorted. You have a nice bike and just sounds like it needs some attention. I'm going to PM you my phone number.

jeff

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's in sterling but RnR cycles is a great place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts