StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I ask it that I've just put 600 miles on my new '06 and I’m having a ball with it. Today, on a really bad road with tar snakes and lots of very close spaced bumps the handle bars just went wild...:( They nearly put my hands to sleep. I had to back off the speed some. The ends of the bars were really wigging out. Looking under the bar mounts it looks as though the bars may have a rubber damper in the bolt down mechanism...:confused: Anybody else experience anything like this. Is there a fix other than slowing down on washboard type roads? - Thanks!

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
My 06 does this to. really odd to look at the bars bouncing like that. Quess I'm used to it now. Perhaps in the future I'll change the bars out for some dirt bike bars. We'll see...........

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
Yes they are rubber mounted....and yes the handlebars suck. Go with some Pro Taper ATV high mount bars and you will love them!!!:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone installed the 1000 triple tree on a 650 to get the rubber mounts? Are they interchangable? Suzuki will not confirm and once I inquired, the local shop said they could not sell me a 1000 upper tree.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are. I'm also pretty sure it's a bad idea. If handlebar vibration is bothering you, something else is wrong, usually involving crash bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts