StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link for a store selling front sprockets that are specifically for an '06? I can't find one anywhere. Been searching for an hour now. Or is an '04 sprocket the same as an '06??

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stromette... I was thinking about doing the front so I don't have to buy a new chain. Seems like with a two tooth difference (rear) would be pushing the adjustment range a little.

Their description says "Fits 2002-2005 V-Stroms", but mine's an 06. Anyone know if it will fit anyway?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing specific for an '06. And Adventure MotoStuff said they can't confirm that the "2005" sprocket will fit an '06. I'll call the dealer and ask them if there's a difference.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im working on a 16 tooth with the proper off set at this time for the 2006 model DL-1000.

I have a test unit on my own bike and the gear ratio is great

Cheers Dale :wink:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dale Walker said:
Im working on a 16 tooth with the proper off set at this time for the 2006 model DL-1000.

I have a test unit on my own bike and the gear ratio is great

Cheers Dale :wink:
Dale, where did you get the sprocket? Can you post the URL to the site? I want to get one but can't find a company that sells one specifically for the 2006 1K.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have one on my 2006 made for a Bandit 1200 that i had machined thinner to fit the 525 chain Chris.

The spline shaft pattern is the same

The problem is the one offered now for the DL-1000 has the wrong offset and the chain is out of alighn slightly and over time will wear out the chain buffer.

I sent to Company my stock front sprocket to measure yesterday

I should know more in about a week

You can e mail me or call me then, i dont mind

I may also later on come out with my own 530 conversion kit

Im not totally keen on this 525 deal either over the long haul

Cheers Dale 8)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information Dale! I'll check back with you later then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts