StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For what purpose? is there an issue with the fender the way it is?
First is the look. The whole front will look lighter. It so looks like a cruiser's fender. The back side though, I'd like to trim for safety... Here is the story...

I had fender extender, before TAT last year I installed SW Motech skid plate with bracket for Givi crash bars. The seem between the fender and extender got scratches very quick. I thought it was because all technical roads and such. Well, this year, I removed extender, and for Eastern RDV installed skid plate again. On the first day offroad I lost control but managed to stay upright and stopped. The forks worked and the tip of the fender got cought by skidplate/crashbar bracket bolts sticking out. I had to loosen many things to undo the forks. I turned the bolts around so caps would face the front. Two hours later I lost control again and fell - damn fender again...

I'll try to find a picture...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you should try mounting the skid plate on the back side of the plate bolted to the crash bars.
I did, later that evening. I removed the stand offs. But I'm still concerned that the forks make the wheel travel into that spot. It later looked something like this...

For every day commute though I remove the skid plate and wear different shoes...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm going to take a real close look at the fender that is coming on the new 2012 Wee as a possible retrofit on my Vee (if I haven't bought a S10 by then). It looks a little cleaner than what adorns the bike now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to take a real close look at the fender that is coming on the new 2012 Wee as a possible retrofit on my Vee (if I haven't bought a S10 by then). It looks a little cleaner than what adorns the bike now.
Yes, I like the look of the new Wee's fender...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I did the same, Dremel and cleaned it up with sandpaper.

Bike is gone, but I may have a picture.

Might be a couple weeks as I'm on the road.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts