StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm going to bump this as I'd like to know myself.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I did some searching at the Kawi ZX-6R and 636 Ninja brake lever looks the most simular out of all the others I have checked (Mostly sport bikes) anyone have an idea?

OEM and Touratech pedals (off the Wee)

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
$99.50 for a TT brake pedal? :yikes: :jawdrop:

*choke*
*gag*
*die*

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yah, my thought too . . . 99 smackers???? What the :furious:.

But then I checked out the price of a stock replacement on RonAyers . . . $70 US . . . it could be that the extra $30 would be cheaper than paying $140 to replace two broken stock aluminum ones. Where I like to go, it's quite possible that will happen.

The other thing about the Touratech one is that it's stamped steel and black. Probably would bend before breaking and could be bent back and repainted without too much trouble. I'm probably going to cave in and buy the Touratech. :headbang:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Verdict!

Well . . . I went ahead and bought one of the Touratech folding brake pedals . . . Unfortunately, the $99 US turned out to be almost $150 Cdn by the time shipping, taxes, etc., were added on, but Touratech Canada web site had it to me very quickly. Just got it last night and it looks to be good quality.

It's thicker stamped steel than I expected and it's a bit longer. (The trailing edge is at the same point, but it has more material forward and has far more tread grip than the stock one.) The swivel tip is robust and won't swivel all the way around and smack the engine cover which is a plus. I think the flex in the pedal will absorb some of the stress too, better than a cast one. The tip is also about 1/4" narrower than stock, which I like because my foot doesn't have to be angled out quite as much to clear it. Everything went together perfectly and aside from mucking with the springs, (always a challenge) the whole job only takes about 15 minutes. Instructions were good.

Riding with it is nice. Having more material under my foot feels like it has better purchase, so more positive feedback than the stock one. So the final verdict, . . . the quality is definitely there, but the price is about twice what I'd like to pay . . . still a :thumbup:.

P.S. - The stock one is still in new condition and quite lightweight, so I'll find some place to tuck it away in the side covers and if there is ever a problem I've still got that as a spare for me or another V-Strommer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
brake pedal

I got a used stock brake pedal from steves cycle salvage (google) for $60 including shipping...

·
Registered
654 Posts
The post WildWildIp made on the 2dmoto ones made me think, I ordered 2 off there and they arrives last night. One looks like it may do the job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody selling a pedal with more up-angle? Thinking of attaching (gluing) something to the end of the pedal (footpad) to bring it closer to me. Any ideas before a buy some rubber strips and a hoseclamp?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brake pedal interchangeability - V/Wee

Hi,

I ride a K9 DL1000.

I broke the brakepedal on a ride.

I bought a Wee pedal as a replacement, but it did not fit.

Just a heads-up, the interchangeability of OEM pedals could be an issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Call me a Noob, but what is the point of a folding rear brake pedal?:confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Call me a Noob, but what is the point of a folding rear brake pedal?:confused:
Dump a bike on the right side and folding beats breaking every time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dump a bike on the right side and folding beats breaking every time.
Ahh, gotcha. I'm still riding a cruiser and have yet to dump it, but now that you say it it makes total sense.:headbang:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Hi,

I ride a K9 DL1000.

I broke the brakepedal on a ride.

I bought a Wee pedal as a replacement, but it did not fit.

Just a heads-up, the interchangeability of OEM pedals could be an issue.

Hmmm... looks like the Suzuki part number for the DL1000 K2-K9 is 43111-06G00.

The DL650 brake pedal (all models K4-K9, anyway) is 43111-27G00.

Not the same part.

Next time I see a Wee, maybe we can arrange a comparison.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dl650 touratech forlding rear brake lever work on dl1000

So was there a consensus at the end of this thread on whether anyone found a rear folding brake lever for the DL1000? At some point and time come people chimmed into the thread and saying they ordered one and tried it and it worked etc, but when I reviewed their user profile they were Wee owners, not DL1000 owners, so the Wee owners came in and started saying things were working but I feel that was for the Wee, and not the big brother 1000. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
touratech folding brake lever rear dl1000 dl650

I decided to email Touratech and ask them if they had any customer feedback on whether or not their 650 lever would fit a 1000. They replied:

"Thanks for the question. We had a customer try the lever on his 1000 a few years ago and he reported that it did not fit and returned it. I am not sure what the differences are but we are under the impression that it does NOT fit."

that pretty much sums that up.

So, anyone know where to get a folding rear brake lever for the DL1000?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bump... after my adventures in the 2012 Northeast Strom Rally, I'm looking for a folding rear brake lever for my Vee too. :biggrinjester:

I'm leaving for a 10 day trip on Friday, so I need something quick... probably just gonna go to the stealership, but I'd rather upgrade than simply replace...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Folding Rear Brake Pedal

I did some searching at the Kawi ZX-6R and 636 Ninja brake lever looks the most simular out of all the others I have checked (Mostly sport bikes) anyone have an idea?

OEM and Touratech pedals (off the Wee)
WildWildIP Posted a picture in 2010 of a folding brake pedal. Two pictures above, the lower pic, top brake pedal, folding, black. Where can I find? Anyone know? Will it work on a Vee?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts