StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the use of their new Audiovox cruise control on the V-Strom. I have installed one on my DL1000 and it seemed to work fine for a day but I did notice the speedo bounce once in awhile, then the speedo stopped working altogether. I have checked all the connections and re-read the factory manual but all my connections are correct. I was just wondering if you've heard of this happening to anyone else...I ordered the unit on-line and hate to take it apart to send it back. Any help would be appreciated.[/b]

·
Registered
59 Posts
You have probably have it wired incorrectly. This same thing happened to a guy on the Delphi V Strom forum (I can't find the the thread right now) and he finally ran it down and corrected it. I have the cruise control on my Wee Strom, as do many others I know, with no problem. Make sure you get a vacuum reservoir, it works much better with one. I got mine from Whitney for about $10. I will continue to search for the thread where the problem showed up and was solved by a wiring change and let you know.

Just Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, I've already checked the manual and rechecked the harness on the bike with no issues found, but as they say, two minds are always better than one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've been riding the bike for the past few days even with the troules but I seem to think that the issues have something to do with the RPMs. It seems that when I really ring on the thing that's when the troubles start. As much trouble as the thing has been I still wouldn't want to do without it on a long haul...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey sasquach, what are you riding down there in E-town? Do you ever do any trail riding down there in Bernheim?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts