StromTrooper banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts? Part numbers? Used Ones for sale?...
and please I don't need any flimsy, superlight, noisy,race spec. fancy as ---- examples,just a good resonably priced set to get rid of my current stock boat anchors. Thanks Everyone ! :hurray:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Good question !!!.I will be interested in the replies !!.:thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
leo

I really thought the Leo's were quite with the baffle tip in. I run them 'not in' and they are not loud by any stretch, just pleasant.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have the Staintuned slipons, and they are quite loud
Unfortunately the previous owner lost the baffles so I cant tell you how they sound

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
2-1 system suggestion !

Thanks ALL for the input , I was hoping to fine a nice 2-1 pipe with 24" to 26" headpipes into a nice collector and exiting a Conti or Dunstall style silencer / reverse cone meggaphone. Surprised Supertrapp didn't make one, but the stock headpipes and plumbing makes perfect sense and a great design ! After all , Fujio Yoshimura is involved with Suzuki pretty deeply and I'm sure "some advice" was discussed over the water cooler ! Anyone know if D&D makes slip ons?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a set of Venom mufflers, good power gain and not a lot louder than stock with the baffles in. They are made in the UK. I am very impressed.

·
Administrator
18,448 Posts
D&D are garbage......and they stand for deaf and dumb. Go with Leos for the best all around option, or pay even more for the Ackropovics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LeoVinces Sounds(sic) Good !

Or whatever the correct spelling is! :yesnod:
How much do they run/cost?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The stock cans are extremely quiet and efficient. And Suzuki spent a lot of time tuning the backpressure and resonant wave lengths to maximize performance across the RPM range. Yeah, they're heavy, but they also have a gorgeous heat shield system that's beautifully integrated with the bike's styling, as is the rest of the system.

I spent $400 for exhaust, $300 for a PCIII, and hours tuning and remapping trying to get the aftermarket setup to run as good as the stock cans did with the PCIII. I could improve top-end, but that's it. I sold the aftermarket kit and put the factory setup back on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts