Strom Trooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe there isn't a thread on this already. . .

There seems to be a large number of V-Strom owners who have come over from bikes that have ABS as standard. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with ABS since I have to re-learn how to NOT overbrake. . .

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
I can't believe there isn't a thread on this already. . .

There seems to be a large number of V-Strom owners who have come over from bikes that have ABS as standard. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with ABS since I have to re-learn how to NOT overbrake. . .

My theory....if Suzuki outfitted a DL1000 with ABS...it would be too expensive for the market at nearly $10k. As it stands, one can get a DL1000 from a dealer at about $700-$1,000 off of sticker....where the Wee's can easily sell for sticker price.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I can't believe there isn't a thread on this already.
There are probably hundreds of threads on the DL1000 ABS issue it's just that you haven't found them.

There will NEVER be ABS on the DL1000 as we know it today. The bike does not meet the next Euro emissions regulations and will require a major renovation (like a brand new motor at least) before Suzuki can sell the thing in Europe after the next year or so. Besides the 650 outsells the 1000 by several times over worldwide.
When and if there is a replacement for the current DL1000 you will see ABS.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Are you serious? It would still be a bargain at $10,000.00 and with ABS would be an even better bike.
+1.

The response above was not long enough, so I had to write something - so I wrote this.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love my 650 abs but with the really long roadtrips I've been doing lately would love a dl1000 with abs they have it on the bandits and even sv's these days. I am looking at bmw1200gsabs and tiger 1050abs both of which start in the 14k-16k range and front fairing not nearly as comfortable as a strom.
deb

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd pay $10k for a DL1000 with ABS. . .

There are probably hundreds of threads on the DL1000 ABS issue it's just that you haven't found them.
I see many other threads regarding DL1000 & ABS, just not in this forum (at least not in all my searches).

I do zero off-road riding. I ride rain or shine every day (well, when the snow flies, that will change). I'm digging my DL1000 now, I'm not going to dump it because it doesn't have ABS (I knew this when I bought it). I do know that if Suzuki offered ABS on the DL1000, I'd have held out 'till I found one (new or used).

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I think if Suzuki would outfit the DL1000 with ABS, larger gas tank, nice hard side cases and shaft drive, they would have a winner on their hands. They could call it the DL1000ST. The price tag would have to be around $11k, to undercut the FJR1300,C14 and ST1300 by at least $3.5k and undercut the beemers by $8K or $9K.

I know that I would take a serious look at this bike. Would anyone else appreciate a bike like this.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts