StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how does the 650 handle a passenger? I'm thinking of getting a 650 or 1000 so my wife and I will have something to tool around on, with the occasional road trip thrown in. I like the price of the used market for the 650, but if if it's a big difference, the 1000 may better suit my needs. BTW, I'm 5'11" 175lbs, and my wife is 5'9" 140lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
The Wee will do just fine. Crank up the rear preload when riding 2 up. Adjust your tire pressures for 2 up also. Unless you plan on hi speed touring the Wee has enough power to do the job without getting flustered and out of breath.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ditto to water warrior

Yep, no problem two up.

I just took my wife to dinner tonight and I swear, this little wee runs smoother with two onboard. 5100 rpm at 72 indicated. Just cranked the pre-load up a bit and away we go.

I do not hesitate to go anywhere or any distance 2-up. The bottom line is, this little wee has more horses than my old Subaru wagon did..and that thing would take the wife, kids and dog anywhere we wanted to go.

Bigger isn't always better and riding 2-up comfortably getting 52 MPG is sure sweet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, no problem two up.

I just took my wife to dinner tonight and I swear, this little wee runs smoother with two onboard. 5100 rpm at 72 indicated. Just cranked the pre-load up a bit and away we go.

I do not hesitate to go anywhere or any distance 2-up. The bottom line is, this little wee has more horses than my old Subaru wagon did..and that thing would take the wife, kids and dog anywhere we wanted to go.

Bigger isn't always better and riding 2-up comfortably getting 52 MPG is sure sweet.
My wife and I got 58+ mpg fully loaded on our trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway last year. Granted the speed limit is 45 mph. Power and comfort is not an issue 2up'n on the Wee!

·
Registered
4 Posts
two up on weeStrom

Particularly because neither you nor your wife is very large, your weeStrom should be very comfortable and have sufficient performance for riding two up. It is a little crowded for me and my wife. Although I am only 150lb, she is a "full figured" woman. Even so, she has more room behind me on the wee than she did years ago on a Suzuki VX800.
Through this forum or one of the others, I bought a second hand Corbin modular system. So, she has her own carbon fiber look leather passenger seat when needed. When I ride alone, which is 95% of the time, I replace her seat with a "smuggler" trunkette.
As others have said, just be sure your suspension and tire pressure are adjusted for the added load (no... strike that... should not refer to your wife as a load ;^)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts