StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the price dealers are geting for the bike?

R

·
0 Posts
650 price

Bought mine just east of Pittsburgh on 05/15/04.

Got 650 in Black / 2 helmets (his and hers HJC)
tax / 6%
PA tags $25.00

OUT THE DOOR $6130.00

I thought it was a good deal (mrs vstrom was reluctant but agreed).

H

·
0 Posts
jccc said:
What is the price dealers are geting for the bike?
Luckily (for you, that is... :wink: ) in US you don't have to pay same kind of vehicle taxes as we have in Finland: list price over here for a new DL650 is 10.900 EUR (13.300 US$)! Still a bargain compared to a DL1000 with a 16.700 EUR (20.400 US$) price-tag...

V

·
0 Posts
DL 650 pricing

Here in Italy the official price is EUR 6980.
Then you have to add taxes for public registration, EUR 270.
Annual tax is roughly EUR 65.
Total is EUR 7315.
It is around $ 8900.

I received a 5% discount by my dealer and I was happy with it.

It seems that in the old continent prices are higher than yours.... :(

ViDM

G

·
0 Posts

Hey guys i am new here and my name is Brad. I bought a v-strom in Oxford michigan at wheels usa on june 18th for the rock bottom price of 5,900.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PRICE

Gmc,Whats the otd price?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I paid $5999.in Maine.

Tax (5%) and Title extra...
about another $300ish

Mike
04 Blue VStrom

·
Registered
349 Posts
V-Strom Pricing (650)

You guys have been getting some great deals! Out here in the Pacific Northwest, the prices start at MSRP and then the dealers try to add on as many extra charges as they think they can get away with.

It's really disgusting that they operate that way, but it's a free country. Anyone have any theories on why prices vary in different parts of the country? I've heard that Suzuki pays for shipping, so I don't think that's it.

I've given up trying to buy a 2004 DL650 and have started working on a couple of dealers to order me a 2005 at a good discount. Don't know how low they will go yet, since they won't have the 2005 prices until early September.

If I can't find a good deal this Fall/Winter, maybe I'll fly back to the Midwest, buy a bike there and ride it home. If anyone wants to sell their 650 in Oregon or Washington in the next few months, drop me a line!

Take Care,

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA
[email protected]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mike,

I just sent you an email.... check it for details

I saw one for sale on another forum in WA..

chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pacific Northwest price

We bought two at $6400 each (DOES NOT INCLUDE: state tax, licensing, registration, DOES include other sneaky charges like freight, handling)

It was a real pain to even get the price that low. I see from the other post that my salesman should be quite happy! We did get 20% discount on parts & clothing accessories. And we had a lot of accessories to get since we are newbies. So possibly saved $400 there.

MSRP is $6600 according to Suzuki web site.

So.... we overpaid by a bit. But nice to know that we did get TOTALLY taken? Ok, some more justification.... price we paid is still cheaper than BMW650 :?

Hope this helps the rest of you out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gee I left out an important word "NOT" in my prior posted reply... I should have said ....

"So.... we overpaid by a bit. But nice to know that we did NOT get TOTALLY taken? Ok, some more justification.... price we paid is still cheaper than BMW650"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my blk dl650 for $6200 otd from LaCycleSports in L.A. There are not many dealers in norcal wanting to deal ! FYI: In the bay area dealers just received their 2nd allotment of Stroms. :D :D :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
New Allocation

Hey Grumpy,

Are they calling that new batch of Stroms 2004s or 2005s?

Thanks,

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA

T

·
0 Posts
grumpy said:
Got my blk dl650 for $6200 otd from LaCycleSports in L.A. There are not many dealers in norcal wanting to deal ! FYI: In the bay area dealers just received their 2nd allotment of Stroms. :D :D :D
Hey grumpy....I just checked LaCycleSports...finally a low price in CA! Well, $6400 OTD, but better than the $7600 I was quoted here in the SF Bay Area last weekend.
Did you ride the bike back? Trailer?
Very curious about these LaCycle guys! How did the transaction go?
Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a 04, I talked to Larry the owner. I told hwy 1 back.... the transaction went very smoothly.....BUT, even though I stressed ( twice). that it's a long trip home, please make sure the prep is done properly. IT WAS NOT DONE...will take that issue up with Suzuki of America. After Sportbike Dynamics (707-762-6700) worked his magic, it was a different bike!!

T

·
0 Posts
grumpy said:
.... make sure the prep is done properly. IT WAS NOT DONE...will take that issue up with Suzuki of America....quote]

grumpy, could you elaborate on the prep issue? Sorry to be a pest, but I think a lot of guys in the SF Bay Area are considering using these guys in LA.
BTW, I was thinking about Hwy. 1 as a break-in road for the new bike, too..South to North -- great road!
TIA Tom

1 - 20 of 28 Posts