StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 03 DL 1000 V STROM ALL STOCK. BOUGHT IT WITH 4500 MILES IT NOW HAS 9500 MILES .I LOVE THE BIKE IT RUNS GREAT ECT, BUT EVERY NOW AND THEN WHILE RIDING THE BIKE SHUTS OFF. IT RESTARTS BUT ONE DAY ITS GOING TO SHUT OFF AND GET ME HIT. BIKE IS FULL OF GAS. NOT SURE IF ITS A FUEL DELIVERY OR ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. ANYBODY HAD THIS PROBLEM? ANY SUGGESTIONS? DOSENT DO IT ALOT BUT ITS SCARY WHEN IT DOSE IT, THANKS FOR ANY HELP SCOTT.

D

·
0 Posts
I would check the kickstand kill switch. Maybe one of your kickstand springs is broke and when you hit a bump the side stand drops slightly allowing the kill switch down there to shut the motor off. I suspect something like this because it seems to just re-start every time.

I haven't looked, is there any adjustment in that little switch?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have had my DL1k04 do that but only at idle and when I was stopped. If memory serves me right they happened when it was hot outside. Like over 90F. I have not had it happen when moving, and yes I agree, that would not be a good thing!

·
0 Posts
My 04 dl650 has developed something similar after 9,600 miles. If I don't let it warm up enough, it will die when I shift from first to second. I have to let it run for 2 to 3 minutes now from a cold start. This is new and consistant. I have no idea why this has developed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts