StromTrooper banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
i haven't ridden a wee, but maybe the mechanical clutch is a lighter pull. i think it's possible to convert the vee to a cable type clutch.
The Wee does have a lighter pull, but it's because the lower horsepower allows lighter clutch springs, not that mechanical has an advantage over hydraulic.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Speaking of the clutch. My dad has inflammation of the tendens in his hands. His dl1000 as everyone I have ridden has a very stiff clutch pull. Has anyone found a fix. I have working on motorcycle for 30 years. I have 11 motorcycles in my garage including a suzuki hayabusa. The pull in it is very easy and he has no problem pulling it but the strom is stiff. He has installed a steel braided line with new fluid. No change. If you know of a fix please help. He is a retired master gunnery Sargent in the marine corp. Over 30 years in the marines. I would like to keep riding with him for a few more years. Thanks so much guys.:thumbup:
Have him try a Pazzo clutch lever. It has a better bend and a wider adjustment range. My left hand is damaged and doesn't have much strength, the lever makes a big difference for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Resurrecting a seven year old thread? Now that's some digging!

Still, this might be useful to someone somewhere...

I've found that the adjusters on many aftermarket clutch levers simply don't do diddly-squat. A stock lever is much higher quality and has a useful range of adjustment.

FWIW, the TL1000 used a cable clutch, and the DL1000 and SV1000 used hydraulic.

Knowing Suzuki's penchant for parts bin engineering, it's quite probable you could convert a DL1000 to a cable clutch using TL parts, but the TL's clutch pull is a fair bit heavier. The hydraulic clutch is a distinct upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Try an ez clutch they fit on the cable near the lever side, it adds a fulcrum to the cable which makes it easy to pull
Here’s an example

they are used in technical enduro when light clutch control is needed
Cable? Dl1000 is hydraulic, and it is the stiffest hydraulic clutch I have ever owned.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,343 Posts
Cable? Dl1000 is hydraulic, and it is the stiffest hydraulic clutch I have ever owned.
The DL 1000 has VERY stiff pressure plate springs. Part of why they never wear out clutch discs!

·
Administrator
5,745 Posts
All of the hydraulic clutch Suzuki's that I have owned have all suffered from the same characteristic - the tendency for an abrupt take-up with the lever nearly fully released. I always pondered searching for a MC with a smaller bore diameter.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts