StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a DL 1000 2014 and my mechanic needs to remove the engine to finish a repair done by a previous mechanic. They need to remove the engine but now are stuck in the point of loosening the engine mounting thrust adjuster. They have already machined a special tool match the 09940-14990, but now they cannot remove the next "threaded 12 sided nut".
I attach some pictures for your best reference of what needs to be removed. Thanks for any help you can give me. We have already checked with local Suzuki Dealers in Mexico city but they have no idea.
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-21 at 18.34.09.jpeg

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
7,175 Posts
The thrust adjuster special tool 09940-14990 is a double ended socket, with the larger end intended to remove the lock nut and the smaller end intended to remove the torque adjuster.

You will need to make a second tool, or perhaps use a suitable deep socket and devise a way of turning it.
On reassembly torque the adjuster to 8.5 lb/ft and the lock nut to 32.5 lb/ft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thrust adjuster special tool 09940-14990 is a double ended socket, with the larger end intended to remove the lock nut and the smaller end intended to remove the torque adjuster.

View attachment 276343

View attachment 276344

You will need to make a second tool, or perhaps use a suitable deep socket and devise a way of turning it.
On reassembly torque the adjuster to 8.5 lb/ft and the lock nut to 32.5 lb/ft.
Thank you so much! I will give this info to the technician. Best regards!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
You need a 23 mm 6 point socket. I just did the engine mount thrust torque adjustment procedure and had to go out and buy that socket (Napa has them) since its such a special size, totally non standard.

The lower thrust adjuster is using just "normal" socket sizes.

NOTE: The "special tool" does NOT have the correct size to undo the trust adjuster for the V2, (apparently works for all the 650 engines). It does only undo the lock-nut!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need a 23 mm 6 point socket. I just did the engine mount thrust torque adjustment procedure and had to go out and buy that socket (Napa has them) since its such a special size, totally non standard.

The lower thrust adjuster is using just "normal" socket sizes.

NOTE: The "special tool" does NOT have the correct size to undo the trust adjuster for the V2, (apparently works for all the 650 engines). It does only undo the lock-nut!
Thanks for the advice and the NOTE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts