StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a couple of searches hoping I didn't originally see it this on forum.
Anyways, I thought this guy's approach to easy on / off luggage. And for extra points he is a V-Strom rider.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Great idea, what's lacking is a parts list and a how to of the frame. It's hard to tell exactly how it's mounted to the bike.
A video that's not done in the shade may help too.
Good first effort though!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea, what's lacking is a parts list and a how to of the frame. It's hard to tell exactly how it's mounted to the bike.
A video that's not done in the shade may help too.
Good first effort though!
It is hard to see (bad lighting). On the rear-most cross bar he has two hooks made from U-bolts. The open end of the hooks face forward and capture the luggage rack. On the forward-most corners he has a strap with a cam release on each side.
The rig drops down and then slides forward "latching" the U-bolt hooks to the luggage rack. The straps keep it snugged forward and down.
The frame itself, is an inverted Home Depot adjustable length firewood holder (like you would put on the back porch).

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Ducati, I got the gist but clearer pics of the hardware would help those of us less able to visualize his work.
It's a good an idea as the Target radiator protector made from a desk top "IN" box.
That fireplace stuff would be another place I spray my BBQ paint on to keep it looking good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts