StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Givi E460 top case that I mounted on the Vee2 using readily-available parts:

• Givi universal Monokey rack mount
  • 2-1/4" brass toilet floor bolts (1/4" diameter)
  • 1/4" nylon lock nuts
  • 5-1/4" x 1-1/2" x 1/8" aluminum flat bar (2)
  • 1/4" HDPE cutting board (1)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, the stupid cat hopped on the keyboard :headbang:

The integrated pillion hand holds interfere with the Givi mount, so the HDPE cutting board makes an ideal spacer as it is easily worked with hand tools and is impervious to the weather. Also, it's dirt cheap - $6 at Walmart :thumbup:

I traced the Givi mount onto the cutting board and cut on the inside of the line to make the cutting board slightly smaller than the Givi mount. Then I trimmed some off at the hand holds for clearance.

The Givi mount was placed on the Vee2 rack and aligned and marked relative to the openings in the rack. I removed the Vee2 rack, flipped it over and measured the bottom for clearance also as the openings are tapered.

Marked the HDPE board and drilled 5/16" holes for the brass bolts and 1-1/4" holes for the Vee2 mounting bolts. I used three washers to provide a 1/4" spacer to support the rear aluminum bearing stock.

The Givi rack needs two dividers removed in order to mount the completed assembly back onto the bike.

I didn't fasten the brass bolts to the aluminum plate as there is little clearance for the at the front. However, a couple of rivets may do the trick and allow the rack and spacer to be mounted to the bike, avoiding the need to modify the Givi mount.

Tighten the rack bolts to about 17 kN and your glider is ready to fly.

I haven't completely finished yet as I want to cover the bolts with a thin, hard plastic to keep them from marking up the Vee2 rack. Alternately, the threads could be simply ground off where they pass through the rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts