StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some have been evident lately. It needs to stop, in group use as well as to individual posters. Race, religion, sexual orientation, clothing choice, conservative, liberal, bike preference or whatever group is involved are a group of people and people need to be treated respectfully here. If you have a prejudice, keep it to yourself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I add that I am a frequent reader but infrequent poster. So often if just isn't worth. I'm not posting to troll though some responses you get you would think I was. Thankfully it hasn't happened here.

To me the Stromtrooper community is head and shoulders above most forums because in general we have the right attitude. It would be a shame if this was ever lost.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sorry Greaywolf, but I disagree. I do not spend my entire day reading every thread submitted so I am probably wrong, but i've never read anything on this forum that would require 'moderation'. go over to the goldwing forum and you can real quickly identify the hate, prejudice, and grouchness. the only problem with this forum are people yelling out SEARCH way too often --in my opinion. some people on here are very knowledgeable and some on here think they are knowledgeable, but i've not seen any intended dis-respect by or towards anyone. but then i rode my bike three days this week so all is good :)

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
Might be nice to know if one is an offender, inadvertently or not. A pm from the moderator would allow one to be aware that the line has been crossed?
Some of us sense a sharper wit or lack of any sense of humor of others?
DO we coddle to the lowest denominator?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,185 Posts
While this site may not be as full of hate and discontent as some, there are posts here that are inflammatory and meant to be that way.

There will always be those that think it is ok to post the first thing that comes to their minds.

I think the friendly reminder at the top of the page is a fair way of saying that we should consider carefully what we post and especially on certain topics.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
not seeing it

GW: this site is a haven of sanity and moderation compared to most web sites :)

I'm not sensing a lot if disrespect.

·
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It's really not a lot. I changed that. There has been some and I'd rather head it off than let it grow.

·
Registered
182 Posts

It's really not a lot. I changed that. There has been some and I'd rather head it off than let it grow.
I saw some of the posts yesterday before they were edited or removed and agree with Greywolf trying to remind people to be more civil. Name calling and disrespect really have no place here. I think that is part of why this site is so useful.

M2¢

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sometimes it appears the internet empowers some to say things they might never otherwise say.
If the forum becomes a place where most people are hesitant to participate, lest they get "flamed".....time to shut it down...or rename it..:)
Remember why everyone is here...or should be....because we enjoy riding.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm glad nastiness is stopped before it starts. I'm on adv every so often and there just seems to be constant arguing and gutter sniping. I feel like I can ask any questions here no matter how dumb and it will be met with a respectful response. I see that as a very good thing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sometimes it appears the internet empowers some to say things they might never otherwise say.
It's funny 'cuz I'm actually less inclined to say what I would normally says since it is the internet. Arguing on the internet sucks..arguing face to face? I'll take that everytime. :)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Me a Culpa? You a Culpa!

If anyone thinks they may have offended me, kindly PM me to receive an official apology form #I8P004fUN with a section set aside for monetary or hops-based remuneration. I haven't noticed any personal offenses against me yet, but will henceforth scour the site in search of them.

In the unimaginably rare case that one may perceive that I may have offended anyone here, it is probably because of my adamant forbearance of the use of smilicons. This has been known to cause issues of misunderstanding, in which case my legal department has suggested the use of italics for irony.*

If my spelling or grammar seem a little off lately, plese know tht we re still working on the sticky "A" key issue since the tragic Maple Syrup Incident of 2012.** Missing vowels can sometimes lead to hurt feelings but that vowel is usually the missing capital "i" in "team".

So in conclusion, to all the Trekkies, Gamers, Fetishwear Models, Exhaust-Modifiers, Additive-Users, Gas Misers, Slack-Jawed Yokels, Texting Drivers, Latte-Sippers, Helmetless Riders, Tax Evaders, Reality TV-Watchers, Careless Chain-Lubers, Vee Chauvinistas and Chauvinstalitas, Bedliner Sprayers, and Farkle Addicts, if my constructive criticism came off a little harsh, please know that it also came from a place of love and caring as I help to guide you on your way to a more prefect you, which just happens to be more like me.

*Okay, there was the nun picture, she was not a real nun but she might have been a virgin, anyways Pat saw to it's immediate deletion and kindly directed me to Spank!.

**I hope my friends north of the border do not think that I blame them for the MSI tragedy, I would not even begin to make such a horrifically stereotypical connection as that between Canadians and the Nectar of the Moosepeople.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I am a fetish wear model...and fighter jet pilot also. StrominN'roman you have dissed me badly...please send the from I8POO4fUN please...2 copies.

I agree with GWs efforts at decorum. I also think this site is mild by comparison. No politics and very limited second amendment right issues here. However, I hope we are careful to keep it light and fun. I assume anybody whom dislikes my fetish wear or responses will PM me also. So far so good...only constructive PMs to date.

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
Fetish may refer to: Fetishism, the attribution of religious or mystical qualities to inanimate objects

Then there is the kinky stuff. I have my Guardian Angel pinned to my Aerostitch so I can't out run it. Unfortunately the last one took a powder when I auger into the Utah turf. Can't trust Guardian Angles anymore. Now the Rubber chicken I also sport.....Trustworthy.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I guess this means no more bagging on Harleys.

Hey Stromin'Nroman, wanna know what I'm wearing right now?

·
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Recently, I've seen "gay" used as a derogatory term and "stealer" used instead of dealer. The former got too common for teenagers and I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even think of the latter until I got a complaint. I'm sure we have members who are gay and members who are dealers. Again, lets not disparage any group.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.