StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Be Careful

Almost always the front. Don't forget to purchase or make a reminder tag line to place on the throttle that connects with the lock. At the very least remember to slowly roll the bike forward so the lock is stopped against something such as the brake. This will leave little forward movement in the event you forget to remove the lock when getting under way.

·
Registered
453 Posts
“As far as passive devices go I like the NYC fughetaboutit chain/lock from Kryptonite, the thicker of the two. It needs to go through something like a braced swingarm whenever possible. If you absolutely have to put it through a wheel put it through the rear wheel. It takes much longer to swap than the front wheel. Any $100 disc lock will work well, again, rear wheel, locks on the front are more easily defeated, take my word for it. Cheaper disc locks can be quietly, well, we'll leave it at that, cheap ones can be defeated in silence.”

https://rideapart.com/articles/ask-a-motorcycle-thief

Reactions: J58943

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Locks only stop honest people.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got an alarmed disc-lock I use on the front. But I don't leave my bike anywhere dangerous for any length of time. It gets garaged too.
I drive past a bike that's left out on the street all the time and wonder why someone hasn't nicked it. Or vandalised it.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Locks only stop honest people.
Gonna disagree with you. A determined thief can bypass any lock but if you make your bike harder to steal then the one parked a block away, guess who's is gonna get lifted?

You can't 100% prevent theft but like everything else about riding, you can minimize your risk factor.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
A determined thief can bypass any lock .
Is that on what I said ?

And you have already your minimize your risk factor by buying a Strom.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use one on each wheel. I figure that if mine is a little harder than other bikes, it's an advantage. Like they say, you don't have to swim faster than the shark; you just have to swim faster than the other surfers.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have one of the screaming locks but I don't use it on the bike I put it in my gear bag.

If someone tampers with my gear on the bike or on the beach I know about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts