StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to temporarily disable the side stand kill switch? My springs have lost tension and it's going to take a week or so for new ones to get here. I rigged a zip tie but don't think it will stay put on my commute. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
There is a green wire from the fuse box to the switch. Connect the green wire to a black wire with a white stripe like the other wire to the switch or to the battery negative post. That will bypass the switch. Remember not to ride off with the stand down.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
When the stand switch failed on my V2 I used a blue Scotchlok to join the switch wires together and get things going again.

As a temporary solution scotchlok's are quick and easy and I always keep some in my tool kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As others have said you just need to connect the two wires together so that the bike thinks that stand is always up. Just disconnect the connector and put a small section of wire into it on the side that connects to the bike.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yep. Simple as following the pigtail from the side stand switch to the connector. Pull apart the connector, installing a jumper and taping the jumper in place. While on a trip a few years ago my buddies F650 side stand switch quit working. Used a dime as a jumper and go him back up and running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts