StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a way to easily and safely disable the ABS braking system for off-road & gravel riding?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Pull the smaller ABS fuse.

Use an EB(closed for August) switch adapter and a high amp switch.

Use a switch with the "proper" method at VSRI that lets you restart ABS without turning off the ignition.

Don't bother. It's a better ABS that probably won't cause a problem. If you like locking the rear brake for control or slide outs, use one of the above methods, but if it's about to getting out of control, hit the kill switch.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies......

And especially for posting the links.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Proper ABS on/off switch

for the proper ABS switch - takes a bit more time and you need make one cut and 2 solder. but the only proper way.

I must admit, aside from testing, i have yet to find it necessary to do the switch off in the 25,000km i have it installed. I must not not good enough or ride hard enough on dirt to need it.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Proper ABS on/off switch

for the proper ABS switch - takes a bit more time and you need make one cut and 2 solder. but the only proper way.

I must admit, aside from testing, i have yet to find it necessary to do the switch off in the 25,000km i have it installed. I must not not good enough or ride hard enough on dirt to need it.
How is that any different than the Eastern Beaver Kit? Less expensive maybe but it is more labor intensive. However, both do have the same function. The major advantage of the EB system is that you don't have to splice any wires just unplug a connector and plug the new ones in.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
To reinstate ABS on the EB kit, you have to switch it on plus turn the ignition switch off and on again. The "proper" switch turns it off and on without having to cycle the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
To reinstate ABS on the EB kit, you have to switch it on plus turn the ignition switch off and on again. The "proper" switch turns it off and on without having to cycle the ignition switch.
OK...I didn't understand that. Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts