StromTrooper banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If you need a plug and play solution, look near the bottom of the following page for an adapter to use a heavy duty switch.
VStrom

If you are comfortable with wiring, do your own to extend the wiring to a switch after separating a connector on a red wire near the positive battery post.

If you are very comfortable with digging into the bike, see Proper ABS on/off switch
It is for a 2009 but the wire color is the same, the mod only needs a light duty switch and ABS can be restored without turning the ignition off first.
Well it seems that link isn't working any more :( .. are there any other sources? does it work on Gen2?

EDIT: Never mind I found the answer.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The page is working now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello!

Found this old thread regarding to adding a ABS switch for turning it off for off road.

Now since I only have SOME ability to work with electronics and try not to splice into any wires if I can help it, I opted for the plug and play option from what GW posted.

However, when I clicked into the page and follow to the "New DL" page, I do not see an ABS switch listed.

The older Vee has it but it is listed as "not for new DL".

Am I just not looking at the right spot or I am hoot with this option with the newer Vee?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
15 Posts
For the new DL?

Mine is a 18...pretty sure that classified as "new".

What year is your Vee, good sir?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts