StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, anyone have any input on this make of racK? Looks like a little guy making tough stuff, any input helps,,,

2002 DL1000

jm

dirtracks Pannier Rack

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
From the pictures on their site: https://www.dirtracks.com/products/2002-2012-suzuki-dl1000-pannier-rack-v-strom

I'd really question if the bolts that are holding the side racks to the bar that crosses under the rack are going to be gouging the side panels. Maybe it isn't as close as it looks, but I'd be flipping them around so that the bolt heads are in and consider using a button head.

Also not a huge fan of the way they run the rear connector bar outside the fender - should work fine, but looks bad compared to running it inside like a Givi/some others.

I do like that they connect the 2 sides of the racks at the top rather than just having them each attach independently to a single bolt. I plan on welding in a brace on mine to connect the sides together on my Givis the next time I have the top rack off. Looks like they would be easy to just bolt flat boxes to without any addition adapters

Otherwise they look like they hit the same 4 connection points as everyone else.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had them with Pelican cases mounted on them. Very nice, strong setup. No rubbing anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts