StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noobee here with '11 dl650 ABS.

There are plenty references to the need for a longer brake line if you put on up and back bar risers on an ABS bike.

Any idea whether the longer brake line is needed with straight-up risers? Specifically, I just bought some dirtlys, which are 1" higher. The eyeball test indicates some more length is needed but maybe theres's a workaround?

It would only take about 10 minutes to find out for myself, of course.

But I'd much rather learn from someone else's mistakes than my own:mod2_wacko:

If the line is stretched to max, any downside? Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I originally bought the Tusk 30mm risers from Rocky Mountain ATV for my 2011 DL650A.

Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I was able to use the factory hose by removing it from the wire loop thing and moving the control mount on the handlebar over about 1/4". This gave me enough length to work fine. Not real tight and worked for a few thousand miles. I recently mounted some ROX risers but I'd already bought the extended hose from SVRacing so no longer any kind of issue.

Good Luck.

Rick

·
phatguy in Cbus
182 Posts
I installed 1" risers on my 2011 Wee and only had to cut a couple of cable tiewraps. The front brake hose on my bike with forks fully extended has enough slack that no modification was required.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have also installed 30mm risers on my wee abs (2010) and didnt need new brake lines (altough i did have to lean the handlebar a little bit forward).

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I had to install the extended brake hose, but then I was using both risers and ATV high bars. I guess it all depends on how much up-and-back you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts