StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding a fair bit of dirt since I bought my V2, including a section of Hwy 7 NWT that was a mix of gravel/dirt/mud/calcium chloride for about 700km, and my bike was a mess after.

During my wash yesterday I noticed there was dirt inside the lens on the rear signal lights, so pulled the cover off and discovered dirt inside the housing as well as the lens.

The cover is held on with a single screw, and there is no seal around the edge.

Is there a good way to seal these without gluing them on? Something invisible would be ideal. Maybe a ring of silicone, put the cover on for a few minutes to mate the edges, then pull it off to let it dry, put it back on and then trim the extra? Would that work?

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
That might work. Maybe apply the silicone to only one surface, like the cover not the housing, and let it dry and then reattach it? It might make like an 'O' ring.
i just noticed the same thing on my 4 Runner when do the 17 year wax job. The license plate lights covers were completely dirted up.
I just cleaned them up though. Not going to worry about sealing.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Stock lenses have a cutout in the bottom to let water out. You have to either assure zero water entry or keep the cutout. The former can make bulb changing a pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts