StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any major differences between 2010 and 2011 dl650 i am having great difficulty finding yoshi pipes or vance and hines for the 2011 wondering if exhaust from 2010 model would fit? any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Nope no major changes since 2007, well the 2012 model is a major change.

But there weren't any 2010 models in the US, they didn't import any VStroms last year, bad economy and all. I think Canada and Australia got 2010 models.

I didn't think Vance & Hines or Yosh made exhaust for the VStrom. I know LeoVince and M4 make full exhaust not sure if anyone else does. I know there are no slip-ons available, without some modifications to the exhaust pipes (2007-2011 models).

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Holeshot was the first to offer something close to a slipon for the 07+ DL650:
"This simple but clean design requires removing your exhaust system and cutting the muffler tube in an easy to get to location, approximately 1" past the weld bead up from the header collector. You then package and send us your front header section with UPS. We then do our fabrication work to convert the header to accept your new Holeshot slip-on. This design allowed us to keep the cost down compared to building a hand made full system, without sacrificing performance and keeping more of a factory look."

I believe it's also the cheapest solution.

Dl-650 Slipon Coversion

BTW it says 07-09 only, but that's because the page hasn't been updated since then. Nothing has changed between 09 and 11.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts