StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any differences, other than color, between the 2014 and 2016 V2 1000? This 0% financing has me sniffing around the big brother. Still not sure if I am going to bite or not. Found a few 14's at 9,000.00 and some 16's at 11,700. Looking at the non adv model with about 2k of Givi accessories added at purchase. I'm big, I'm heavy, I just need a little more power or I wouldn't even be sniffing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not much difference at all.

I have a 2014 and I have had no issues with slow speed response or stalling like some of others on this forum.

It runs great and such a great motorcycle! Buy it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey Dave, I just made the switch back in November to a 14. Not sure exactly where you're located in NC, but if you want to meetup in the near future, you're more than welcome to try mine out. She's very similar to the '12 650 except with better suspension and better brakes. And of course more power, but with that comes a little more vibes under 3500rpm, but what do you expect? I was surprised how smooth the freakin 650 was even at low rpms for a twin!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not much difference at all.

I have a 2014 and I have had no issues with slow speed response or stalling like some of others on this forum.

It runs great and such a great motorcycle! Buy it!
Ditto! 2014 owner here, no issues at all.

Even 'if' you get a bad ECU and Suzuki doesn't replace it under warranty, the cost of replacing it yourself would probably still be less than the price difference between the 2014 and the new(er) model.

·
Registered
115 Posts
16 model will have the new ecu and the recal work done at the factory plus here in europe they have an all black exhaust end can ( thats how you tell a 16)
Ive a 14 which had the troublesome ecu but I got a free new one but I don't think you guys in the usa have got any as yet.
To be honest I'd stll take the chance on the 14 with that kind of saving.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im looking at the 2016 silver grey standard model. I figure 3 model years they got any kinks worked out. Going to talk with the guy saturday. Its kind of a strange color but it is nice. I need to see it in person.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Are there any differences, other than color, between the 2014 and 2016 V2 1000? ... I'm big, I'm heavy, I just need a little more power...
Others have mentioned the recall and the ECU. One other thing you could ask for if you get a '14 is new brake fluid. Three years is time for it to changed. But either way you go you'll love it. The suspension alone is worth it. The brakes are a major upgrade.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really on the fence with this with a leg hanging over each side. I love my bike, best bike I have ever owned out of many, my riding style has been changing to the point I am just now quick and light commuting, stripped down no luggage and a backpack. Long 3 week trips are pretty much far and few between right now and I don't see it changing any time in the near future, not until my kid is grown. My 650 is perfect for this, but.... and its a big butt, literally, I need more power. The 650 has plenty of power under what I would consider normal commuting, it will rip through the gears and cruise at 95 all morning but sometimes it acceleration is lacking. Lacking enough to where there are times that I need it to get away from something, someone or a traffic situation and I can't, then if I can I cant stop. Brakes can be addressed, power cannot. I could do caliber upgrades a pipe and dyno tune on my 650 but eventually you have more money in the bike than it is worth. If I can make the numbers work I may very well do this, if not I wont. We will see. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have owned an 06 and 08 Vee, and an 09 and 12 Wee. I have my 12 Wee Adv for the longest at 37k. Last summer I pulled the trigger on a 14 leftover Vee2 in desert tan. For me, no fueling issues in 9k, No issues of any kind except the dam rear tire keeps wearing out.......

My 12 Wee put a big smile on my face, and did everything well, and I am 6'4" and 235. Its just that the Vee 2 puts a much bigger smile on my face.

You cant go wrong either way. Just be prepared for your face to hurt if you get the Vee 2, because you will not stop smiling. :laugh2:

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Apparently there were some suzuki rebates going on that ended in December, those 9000.00 quotes quickly disappeared. My OTD prices are as follows, all non adv models.

2014 $10,750
2015 $11,100
2016 $11,500

2016 ADV 12,800 OTD

I am finding better prices within a few hundred $$ but it would cost me more to travel there. It seems fueling issues are far and few between on the 14's. My dealer has seen none.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They all say that! The 15 will still not have the new ecu, only 16 on, it might have the recall work done but I guess they all will have that done before the bike leaves the shop. Here in the uk the only way to tell a true 16 model is it has an all black exhaust can, not just the two wee covers.
I've the new ecu on mine, it helps but it don't make it into a smooth four cylinder.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I traded my Harley for a 14 leftover just a couple months ago. It's an amazing Fast machine. They offered the 0% for 60 months or 0.5 for 72. You could look into the same. I would pull the trigger for sure over the 650. Don't even wait just do it. Go with a 14 for the price and you won't regret it. Mine has had absolutely none of the fueling issues either with 2000 miles on the clock now. Don't think.. Just do. The v2 will become the best bike you have ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My build list has changed about 10 times so far as well as the year choice, I am having trouble selecting the color. I am torn between the 16 silver mystic metallic and the 14 desert tan. I get 15% off all of the accessories installed at purchase and included in the financing package so I am a little overwhelmed with all of the options. This will be primarily a highway bike ridden hard, I don't need much luggage because even for 3 weeks on the road I have just one roll bag. My Glee's luggage has been on the shelf for 2 years so I will just be installing a top box for commuting, the rest will be just functional farkles but probably few at that. Still number crunching, wee will see.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts