StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am going to get a 2014 Suzuki V- Stom within the next month and I am wondering what the big differences are between the 650 ABS and the 650 Adventure ABS. I Know the adventure has a few accessories on it and I am wondering if that is the only things. I don't care much for the side and back bags that are in the pictures but I do want the crash guards. I am wondering what would be cheaper to get the adventure or the ABS and get the accessories added on? Thanks for answering my questions.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Pretty much that's the difference between the two. That and about $1500.00. A lot of folks don't care for the bags that come with the ADV model, and get the non-ADV model and farkle it out the way they want it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi,

I am going to get a 2014 Suzuki V- Stom within the next month and I am wondering what the big differences are between the 650 ABS and the 650 Adventure ABS. I Know the adventure has a few accessories on it and I am wondering if that is the only things. I don't care much for the side and back bags that are in the pictures but I do want the crash guards. I am wondering what would be cheaper to get the adventure or the ABS and get the accessories added on? Thanks for answering my questions.
So I just went through all this myself. I found a left over 2013. Added Altrider crashbars and skidplate. Ordered Moose Racing Expedition Racks and Pelican Cases and I've spent way less than the Adventure model and got better, I think, stuff. I could not get beyond the 44" butt on the adventure. I like big butts, but come on. I read on here different issues with the stock "crashbars" and bags.

·
Registered
299 Posts
and if it is about crash bars, if you ride mostly slab wouldn't frame sliders do the same thing at substantially lesser weight and cost.

SV Racing Parts | Store

i'm just asking?

be well.

rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the comments. The main accessories I was going to get is the crash bars ( any recommendations?) and the under fairing or crawling plate. Is the tank pad and chain guard helpful? Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts