StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a tough time finding the differences in the different model years. I am looking at a 2017-2019 650XT and I can't find out what the differences are between 2017 and 2018, or 2018 and 2019. My google-fu must be weak. I can find a crap ton of reviews, but nothing that spells out the changes.

Is there a source that you know if that will tell me the differences?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Registered
472 Posts
North America models finally get hazard lights in '19. The '19s also have "engine cover hardware and select other fasteners are of a new design that permits the use of Torx or conventional hex-style tools".

Other than that, the differences are the colors.

Edit: The first info that came out about the '19 said hazards were added. This appears to not have been the case.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
North America models finally get hazard lights in '19. The '19s also have "engine cover hardware and select other fasteners are of a new design that permits the use of Torx or conventional hex-style tools".

Thanks Brock!

·
Registered
281 Posts

When you say hazard lights, are you referring to the emergency 4-way flashers? I have those on my '09.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am having a tough time finding the differences in the different model years. I am looking at a 2017-2019 650XT and I can't find out what the differences are between 2017 and 2018, or 2018 and 2019. My google-fu must be weak. I can find a crap ton of reviews, but nothing that spells out the changes.

Is there a source that you know if that will tell me the differences?

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Hey Jim, go to the Suzuki motorcycle webpage here Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles

On the left side, under the white tab "DISCLAIMER", click on the model year you want to look at, and then scroll down to ADVENTURE (bikes) and click on the model you want to check out. I'd copy that url, put it in a new tab, and then select the different model year/s you want to look at. You could shrink down those pages and put them side by side to compare.

·
Registered
464 Posts
2017 and 2018 650’s are 100% identical bikes, in the US of A anyway, as I recall from researching the matter when I bought my 2017. Maybe a black color was dropped or added, I forgot which, but that’s it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Every one!

Just put money down on a '17 650XT. Take delivery 3/23!

Thanks for helping me understand what I was buying!!

Now I am learning just how much damn money riding gear costs! (ouch!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts