StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just ordered a set of the older style from twisted throttle last week. Only differences I could tell was that they use the "older style" controller. The other thing I noticed was the newer one says the auto shutoff is at 10.5v the older ones shut off when the battery nears 11.5v. Personally I'd rather it shut off sooner after motor stops running. Naturally, I bought the older $49. set...

·
Registered
141 Posts
as per the dealer i bought my Oxford heated grips from (touring, but newer controller) is the only difference between -new- touring and sport models are i think 1/8" in length and the remote mount.
its very good for long rides, but not very useful for city commuting or short rides as they tend to take a bit of time to warm up, and once u take ur fingers off the grips to pull the clutch of front brake for few seconds, it will take your hand a bit of time to warm up on the grips again

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I just ordered a set of the older style from twisted throttle last week. Only differences I could tell was that they use the "older style" controller. The other thing I noticed was the newer one says the auto shutoff is at 10.5v the older ones shut off when the battery nears 11.5v. Personally I'd rather it shut off sooner after motor stops running. Naturally, I bought the older $49. set...
My experience is that the older model shuts off when voltage is 0.0. They are now on switched circuits on both my bikes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought the "older" touring model for 49$ from twisted a few months ago, and love them, heat up quick and only really use the 40% level. Was really easy to install, and well worth it, if they are all sold out, that really sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts