StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does somebody have a list of the differences between the 650, 650XT, and 650XT Adventure variants? Or a link to thread answering this q.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
650 is a base model and comes with cast wheels. XT comes with spoke wheels, handguards, and the engine guard. XT Adventure in addition to XT comes with aluminum side cases. There is also XT SE version available which comes with small plastic panniers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does somebody have a list of the differences between the 650, 650XT, and 650XT Adventure variants? Or a link to thread answering this q.

Thanks
Buy the base model and customize it the way YOU want it. The stuff that comes on the more expensive models [with exception of spoked wheels] is complete trash.

·
Super Moderator
16,870 Posts
Buy the base model and customize it the way YOU want it. The stuff that comes on the more expensive models [with exception of spoked wheels] is complete trash.
My 15 650XT factory SW Motech panniers are most certainly not trash, the adjustable laminer lip for my windshield, nor my crash bars which have taken more than a few drops.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 15 650XT factory SW Motech panniers are most certainly not trash, the adjustable laminer lip for my windshield, nor my crash bars which have taken more than a few drops.
i was more talking along the lines of the plastic chin fairing, and chintzy handguards . Im happy you are happy with your stuff though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 16 XT did not come with crash bars or hand protector. All I got was the beak and spoked wheels.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,870 Posts
My 16 XT did not come with crash bars or hand protector. All I got was the beak and spoked wheels.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Hmm that's weird, but I did get the first model year XT. Mine didn't come with wind guards either, but I quickly bought some proper handguards not long after I bought it, same goes for a skidplate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, they did away with all of the extra stuff and dropped the price for '16. I am glad they changed the package that year as the factory stuff isn't what i would have wanted to pay for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The price difference between the base and xt was well worth the spoked weeks IMHO. The guards aren't going to be up to much off-road wish, but are ok if you're staying on the pavement. Looks a little better than the base and gives you time to farkel up!

·
Registered
93 Posts
OK - I'm late to the party but...

My 2019 came with spoked wheels, crash bars, hand protectors, hard panniers, plastic skid plate, yadayada. For what "I" do with my bike, I can honestly say, all of these additions flat out work - every day - all day! Panniers are simple and basic but they work just fine and lock. For what I got and for what I paid, overall, I am VERY pleased. YMMV. Some "need" to upgrade. Understandable. I'm glad I don't and am enjoying the heck out of my Wee.

Cheers.

Taidog1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Introduced in 2019 was the 650 XT Touring which gives you spoke wheels, tubeless tires, crash bars, hand protectors, skid plate, removable hard cases, and a center stand. Only comes in red and lists for $9999.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
My base model 2017 was very cheap by comparison. Since my driving is on the road or maybe some gravel, I like the cast wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts