StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a post from a couple years ago...but nothing very recent. Has anyone been able to find a V-strom diecast model?

I'd like one for the desk at work, it sure would help answer the "what kind of bike is a V-strom??" question...

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Not one made, I've looked. Maisto is about the only company that does lesser known bikes, and I emailed them and they do not make one. It's weird, they do the 900 TDM, Multistrada, GSA, etc. but no Strom.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Model.........

Not one made, I've looked. Maisto is about the only company that does lesser known bikes, and I emailed them and they do not make one. It's weird, they do the 900 TDM, Multistrada, GSA, etc. but no Strom.
They do make an SV650 (or 1000??) model........found at Wally-world...... usually in yellow. I have yet to see a strom model.........anywhere.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
They do make an SV650 (or 1000??) model........found at Wally-world...... usually in yellow. I have yet to see a strom model.........anywhere.
Yeah, I've got the SV1000 (mine's silver). My daughter started buying them for me every grocery trip, I've got a ton of the damned things but she kept telling me "I can't find your Strom", so curious I started looking too. I figured someone might make a plastic model, but nothing there either.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
I Email them a few times about this, not even one responce....

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think that may be a thread I started when I first actively joined the forum. I submitted inquiries/recommendations to Maisto, and all I got was a "we'll look into it".

At the time, I was actually talking about the project with a friend of mine who was a co-owner of a small toy/model manufacturer out of Texas. They specialized in 1:43 scale die-cast armor and larger scale (1:18) plastic aircraft. Unfortunately, the economic downtown put them effectively out of business (or at least into serious hibernation).

Maybe if enough of us contact Ertl or one of the other companies specializing in scale die-cast motorcycles, we can get their attention.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I have a 1:1 scale, working model in my garage.

All the controls work and everything. Its pretty slick.

Why do we need a little die cast one? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 1:1 scale, working model in my garage.

All the controls work and everything. Its pretty slick.

Why do we need a little die cast one? :confused:
2 Stroms are always better than one...even if one will only zoom across my desk at work. Plus, it would look good sitting next to the VFR, CB750, and Duc models I have (previous bikes).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just wondering if anyone made any progress on this? I'd love one for my desk at work as well.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
i did a cursory search for DL650 toy models and found...Nothing.
I'd like one too. I've got a shit pot of BMW toy models, a couple from a famous collectible supplier too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts