StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start the Strom today and it didn't want to go. It just cranked over great but no fire. I tried this three times for about 15 seconds each. On the fourth try I blipped the throttle a tad and it fired right up and ran for the morning commute just fine and for the return trip also. Being fuel injected I didn't think blipping the throttle would be necessary.

Any ideas? Bike was started two days before without a problem. Probably nothing to worry about?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. If the same thing happens again and frequently, you got a problem. Could be a one time thing, something to do with position of the planets and stars. Ride on.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Zero throttle is the norm. If the engine turns over and doesn't start for some reason though or if a lot of vapor gets into the system on a hot day, the excess gas needs more air to get the mixture right. Opening the throttle will do that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ononewheel said:
I tried to start the Strom today and it didn't want to go. It just cranked over great but no fire. I tried this three times for about 15 seconds each. On the fourth try I blipped the throttle a tad and it fired right up

Mine did that recently. I washed it, parked in the garage where it sat for 3 days. When I went for a ride it cranked but no fire. On the second try I opened the throttle and it fired right up.

I attributed the problem to water in the switchgear. But who knows. Probably is the tipover switch or some other sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts