StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my early years sport bikes was a 1998 TL1000R, I had a full Yoshimura system on that bike, and it could possibly be the best sounding motorcycle I have ever owned, it got me thinking, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DL1000 of this generation with Yoshimura exhaust. See a ton of Two Bros around, but no Yoshi. It also got me thinking about if I could get my hands in a couple RS3 slipons and a little tig welding on my part how good the DL would sound……usually for adventure bikes I’m all about stock exhaust like my previous Versys and so on, but those motors also sound like crap with aftermarket exhaust.

Anyhow for those who have never heard the TL with full Yoshimura system, enjoy, the video honestly doesn’t even do it Justice. (Random YouTube video not me or my bike)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just listened to a few videos and I’d agree, they sound great.

I might be to old now to be setting off car alarms with my exhaust though lol, maybe I should stick to stock 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Apologies. That may have been Akra's not Yosh. One of the big name brands at quite reasonable prices, nearly pulled the trigger, then found out about the problem.

·
Registered
2012 V-strom 677 ABS
3,037 Posts
Maybe a Yosh 2-1 for the SV1000 would fit?

Man, that was the best for the big SV. (y)

Here is a TLR :oops:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I loved my TLR, I recall going to a Harley demo ride one time and had so many old Harley guys wander up and pour over the TLR as it was thumping away. Of course it was a dream & handful on track days
Helmet Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts