Givi V46 topcase with lights
Givi sidecases
Motech crash bars
Small Givi tank bag
Oxford handwarmers
Headlight modulator
Rear stand (not center stand)
Cover
Hand protectors (not sure what brand, had a carbon-fiber look)

Never down, clean, looks good, sounded nice.

Guy was asking $5400, wouldn't take $5000.

Did I miss out on a good deal by walking away?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Went to look at a used Wee in the area with the following specs:

9,270 miles
2nd owner
Givi V46 topcase with lights
Givi sidecases
Motech crash bars
Small Givi tank bag
Oxford handwarmers
Headlight modulator
Rear stand (not center stand)
Cover
Hand protectors (not sure what brand, had a carbon-fiber look)

Never down, clean, looks good, sounded nice.

Guy was asking $5400, wouldn't take $5000.

Did I miss out on a good deal by walking away?
ABS or not? If not, then a little high at $5400. If with ABS then not a bad deal, but also not a steal.

I was looking for an 09 with ABS and found one with 1200 miles in mint shape for $5700, but no extras other than peg lowering kit. It was a good deal...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would say that was a good deal. it already has most of the farkles you would want. they are all $$$

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was non-ABS, plus (forgot to mention this, post editing didn't take), the bike had the original tires and battery, so those would need to be replaced before the end of the riding season this year, or early next year.

·
Registered
858 Posts
with what ive been seeing them go for around here the last year or so you missed out on a meh deal. nice, but not the deal of the century. your location may vary, of course.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ABS or not? If not, then a little high at $5400. If with ABS then not a bad deal, but also not a steal.

I was looking for an 09 with ABS and found one with 1200 miles in mint shape for $5700, but no extras other than peg lowering kit. It was a good deal...
BTW, I was a day late for the above bike.

Found and bought another 09 with ABS and 1240 miles in great shape with $750 in farkles (closer to home too) for $6200. I considered it a fair deal, not a steal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just bought mine
06 non abs
9000 miles
givi side bags
fog/driving lights
alarmed top box with remote
fresh oil
hand guards
$4200

·
Registered
260 Posts
My buddy just got an 09 with all those items, but with 18k miles for 5k. I got my 07 with all those items and 14k miles and a center stand for $3250, but I may be the out-lier here, I am pretty certain I got an awesome deal. :thumbup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
My buddy just got an 09 with all those items, but with 18k miles for 5k. I got my 07 with all those items and 14k miles and a center stand for $3250, but I may be the out-lier here, I am pretty certain I got an awesome deal. :thumbup:
You did get a great deal!

Also, used non-ABS bikes (07-09) are fairly easy to find and do not carry a premium like the ones with ABS. Keep that in mind when shopping. However, deals vary with location (supply and demand).

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
It was non-ABS, plus (forgot to mention this, post editing didn't take), the bike had the original tires and battery, so those would need to be replaced before the end of the riding season this year, or early next year.
You'll find another. In the $4000-5500 range you should see occasional clean bikes. Maybe broaden the search and consider a fly and ride for the right bike? Keep prioritizing your farkle list. Also do not worry if it has more miles as these bikes hold up very well and most if not all maintenance is DIY. I bought a 2007 Wee (non-ABS) one owner bike with 21000 13 months ago for $4000 well extremely well farkled and truly spotless and it was a fly and ride deal for me. Now have 28500 miles and no regrets.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my 07 with all those items and 14k miles and a center stand for $3250, but I may be the out-lier here, I am pretty certain I got an awesome deal. :thumbup:
That's officially a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll find another. In the $4000-5500 range you should see occasional clean bikes. Maybe broaden the search and consider a fly and ride for the right bike? Keep prioritizing your farkle list. Also do not worry if it has more miles as these bikes hold up very well and most if not all maintenance is DIY. I bought a 2007 Wee (non-ABS) one owner bike with 21000 13 months ago for $4000 well extremely well farkled and truly spotless and it was a fly and ride deal for me. Now have 28500 miles and no regrets.
Been keeping my eyes open for fly and ride deals, but of course it would have to cover the airfare there plus gas, food, and possible overnight on the way back. Plus there's the simple time factor, and the ass-ache factor. I'd do it for the right deal, but it'd have to be SWEET.

How far did you go for your bike?

Prioritizing the farkle list is an important reminder. The bike has to fit in a 1-car garage with a 4-door sedan, so a center stand is necessary.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Been keeping my eyes open for fly and ride deals, but of course it would have to cover the airfare there plus gas, food, and possible overnight on the way back. Plus there's the simple time factor, and the ass-ache factor. I'd do it for the right deal, but it'd have to be SWEET.

How far did you go for your bike?

Prioritizing the farkle list is an important reminder. The bike has to fit in a 1-car garage with a 4-door sedan, so a center stand is necessary.
I flew from Albany, NY to Nashville, TN seller met me in short-term parking. Then rode 1100 miles in 1.5 days. The travel cost and ass ache was the expense of my first road trip, something I viewed as an adventure.

FYI, a rear swing arm stand works too (the seller of mine already had a rear spool. And two cars and a bike do fit in a 2 car garage, barely but it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's officially a hell of a deal.
Oh Yea??

Last year I found on CL an '06 red, 8400 miles, crash bars, skid plate, grip heaters, mirror wideners, hand guards, 12v assy plugs and full set of Jesse's for $3500. Not a scratch on it........
I since did the Madstat and Givi, Corbin (that may be for sale soon) SV Racing, Race Tech springs and Emulators, Elka, new Shinko 705s and have a Scotts coming. I figure I will have about 6K in it and it will be farkled out and very good ride that gets over 55 mpg.

It is best to find a used one with the farkles and the next best thing to do its the front suspension and get it resprung = huge difference = different bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts