StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a test, I bought some from eBay. About $12 delivered. They are actually WAY better than I expected. Anyway, the results were odd. Seemed about the same turbulence until I moved my head about half a helmet width to the left and then pure bliss. Move it to Center, turbulence again. Move it half a helmet width right and wow, terrible. Odd that the left side was great and the right was terrible. Anyone else ever see/feel that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought (Assumingly) the same offset mirror extenders- Zero issues then again I don't have buffetting at all.. Madstad mount and a slightly extended shield.. The extenders REALLY help as I have broad shoulders
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like the field of view improvement. A new windshield is tops on my list now. I may do the vent/tube experiment also.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Get rid of the OEM barn door mirrors and it gets even better.

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
My $20 cheap-o's don't see to have buffeting. I've never experienced the irritation even with the stock screen and mirrors.

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
I tried extenders a year or so ago but removed them within a week after clipping two SUV mirrors while splitting lanes. Things can be tight on some days, other days I have my own 4' wide lane . . .

I have the stock windscreen (and mirrors) and keep it in the lowest position. About the only time I experience serious buffeting is from the dirty air off cars and trucks in heavy super slab traffic at speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, not link savy.
$17 mirror extenders on ebay combined with Givi Air-flow and I am at peace up to 75mph. Buffeting and wind noise greatly reduced. I am 6'4" tall and 260#, a big guy all around, these two mods really helped with highway comfort! The mirror extenders really increased my field of view as my shoulders and elbows are no longer consuming 1/3 of the mirrors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts