StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some fun today, swapped out the original tires for some Dunlop Adventure Max Mission’s on my wife’s 650 and my 1K. 1st time doing tires by my self and it started rough but I got pretty good at at after 4 of them. lol. I tried some new lube that I really like, it is super thick and I think will last well in wet conditions. Last thing I did was cut a relief in the seat pan. Now just need the weather to clear off a little to try it all out.
Land vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Yellow Paint Alcoholic beverage Drink

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
'14 DL1000A ~_/) ~ '14 GSX1300R
301 Posts
@DDK Idaho
First time using that chainlube? (PJ1)
I'd never heard of it, always looking for something else.
Do you have an opinion yet of this product?
Thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@DDK Idaho
First time using that chainlube? (PJ1)
I'd never heard of it, always looking for something else.
Do you have an opinion yet of this product?
Thanks for the write up!
I don’t know yet, I only got out today for an hour or so. Applying it was like no other lube I have put on, it is very thick. I applied 2 chain revolutions worth and then I always spin the wheel a bunch to work the lube into the chain. While doing that, I noticed the lube stringing between the sprocket and chain. It is THICK, but the chain was silent so I know it’s working well. After rotating a bunch, I wiped of the excess and the stringing went away. I have no idea yet how long it will last but as thick as it is, I think it will last a long time. I am worried about it collecting dirt but I won’t know that until the snow line raises up.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Your using it? How is it for not collecting dirt? That’s my only concern.
That can be a really subjective issue so I will only offer generalities. Something like a paste would collect wads of gunk, something like a light oil will shed most dirt but the metal will soon be dry. PJ1 stays as a fluid, not a wax so particles will stick on the side plates. It has a moly powder that lubes when the oily goes away. Heavy doses of dirt will wipe out any product in a couple hours. Inside pins are protected by o rings so keeping them pliable is important for longevity. I wipe/clean build-up with kero and terrycloth rag.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let us know what you think about the Dunlops
Well, we rode out today on dry/ moist roads but then the sky’s opened up and it poured for the last 70 miles. The tires felt planted the entire time with the exception of twice going thru standing water at 70. They didn’t hydroplane, you just knew you were in deeper water. I was very impressed with the dry and wet performance. The snow level dropped low last week so I have limited time in the dirt. We did ride some dirt roads the were wet and again they were very well planted.

·
Registered
2019 DL650AL9
137 Posts
Well, we rode out today on dry/ moist roads but then the sky’s opened up and it poured for the last 70 miles. The tires felt planted the entire time with the exception of twice going thru standing water at 70. They didn’t hydroplane, you just knew you were in deeper water. I was very impressed with the dry and wet performance. The snow level dropped low last week so I have limited time in the dirt. We did ride some dirt roads the were wet and again they were very well planted.
Impressive. Were they noisy? Thanks for the update!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts