StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people remove the warning lables, and some remove the decals also. I assume the reason for removing these things is asthetic. However I'm curious. For those that DON'T remove the stickers (assuming there are some), why didn't you?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well, I removed most of the stickers, but not all. I left the VIN decal and the white data decal on the left side of the frame, and the warning decal on the chain guard. They all have numbers on them that may prove to be useful, so I left them on.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Stickers? What stickers? I'm too busy riding to care about what factory stickers and labels look like on my bike. And I bet nobody else cares that I don't care that every sticker that came with my bike is still on my bike.

One thing I don't do, however, is add to the load. I don't apply stickers to any vehicle I own, other than the one I buy from the state every year. Bumper sticker philosophy has never done anything to change my life or my attitude.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I only removed the ugly warning stickers on the top of the fairing, I left the others.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Stickers? What stickers? I'm too busy riding to care about what factory stickers and labels look like on my bike. And I bet nobody else cares that I don't care that every sticker that came with my bike is still on my bike.

One thing I don't do, however, is add to the load. I don't apply stickers to any vehicle I own, other than the one I buy from the state every year. Bumper sticker philosophy has never done anything to change my life or my attitude.

I like my stickers better than factory.:-D

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts

I care!!!!!!!!:var_30:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I care!!!!!!!!:var_30:
Thanks for caring, B. I can feel the love right through the modem. You're the best!

(Ouch, something just poked me in my eye...)

·
Banned
944 Posts
I haven't removed my stickers yet. I picked my bike up last January, when it was below zero in Boise. Been too cold. Suppose to be in the 70s tomorrow. I think some stickers may be disappearing soon. :var_5:

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
I removed the idiot stickers from the fairing. All other stickers (and the Suzuki logo) have remained intact.

·
Registered
984 Posts

I removed the warning stickers from the tank and fairing. I do this for every bike I've ever owned. Don't like 'em, think they're ugly. Have placed CDN flag decal on rear mudguard and might add an NRA one as well but haven't decided for sure yet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
too busy riding to take 5 minutes and peel the stickers off?

Actually I do snicker to myself whenever I see someone with the factory stickers still on it. I mean you do remove the tags before you wear a new pair of jeans right?

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I took the one off the plastic dash, took approx. 12 percent of the tank warning sticker off until I noticed it said "read owners manual" on it, so I went inside and did that instead.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
too busy riding to take 5 minutes and peel the stickers off?

Actually I do snicker to myself whenever I see someone with the factory stickers still on it. I mean you do remove the tags before you wear a new pair of jeans right?
Question 1- As I originally stated, "I'm too busy riding to care about what factory stickers and labels look like on my bike. And I bet nobody else cares that I don't care that every sticker that came with my bike is still on my bike."

(Sarcasm mode on.)

Since you do care that these stickers are still on my bike, have one on me.

Question 2- Well, no. I take my styling cues from Minnie. The hangs tags are pretty ragged looking after a couple trips through the wash, and eventually most fall off, but I leave the tags on all my clothing. I don't have time to cut or peel them off. I am very busy.

(Sarcasm mode off.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I removed the warning stickers...used hair dryer worked great.

I want to remove the V-Strom decals from the fairings anyone done this?
Hair dryer work the same?

Fred

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
I removed the warning stickers...used hair dryer worked great.

I want to remove the V-Strom decals from the fairings anyone done this?
Hair dryer work the same?

Fred
Sure does.....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Sure does.....
The "Duhhhhhh" orange stickers are super easy to remove.

I didn't even need goo-gone after they came off so clean.

The other two emissions notices on the left leg of the frame and the rear panel DL650 stickers are a PITA to remove!!! :weapons_73: IMO most stickers look tacky, but I'll leave the V-Strom sticker.

I don't want the 'S' Suzuki sticker on there either, but I'm almost afraid to take it off now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts