StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced an older model w/ a 2011 leftover... would destickering reduce the future resale value? Someone might think the bike had been crashed?
I like the clean look of the recently posted 2011 w/ the suzuki bags.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I think a good many of us would take the stickers off no matter what.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Taking the warning stickers off wouldn't bother me as a buyer, taking the v strom stickers off would. Others I ride with wouldn't care. It probably won't change the value much. It's your bike, do what makes You happy. Enjoy your new bike, ride safe.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The value of your bike is what it means to YOU, not what some stranger
might be willing to possibly pay for it. It is your bike. Not a strangers. Take the stickers off if you want. Tear it apart into a completely different machine (see Blacklab). Put some hair around the muffler...

Your BIKE is not an investment, but your EXPERIENCE with it is!

Ride well

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wait, V-Strom's have resale value? :biggrinjester:

(Says the guy riding a used bike.)

Seriously though. I say do whatcha want. Worry about the resale when it comes time to sell.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've kept mine on to have the info they contain and maintain the stock status - understand the need for an attractive bike but I don't really notice them. Which only means I've got way too many farkles... maybe if Suzuki made their stickers out of reflective, hi-viz materials they could create a design element with them and discourage removal.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
...understand the need for an attractive bike...
I thought this was a V-Strom forum.:green_lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK-Maybe I'll take the stickers off( the V-Strom one's on the fairing), and save them on wax paper or something.. that is, if they come off in one piece w/o stretching too much.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Wait, V-Strom's have resale value? :biggrinjester:

(Says the guy riding a used bike.)

Seriously though. I say do whatcha want. Worry about the resale when it comes time to sell.
I'm with Bubba, do what you want. I removed all the warning stickers, some came off in pieces, and left the V-Strom decals but that's just me.

Riding it is going to reduce resale value more than a few warning stickers. :mrgreen: imho

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
To the OP - Asking for your honest opinion: Is my V-Strom nicer or uglier than the stock look and feel?

I think it is much nicer, and should actually raise the resell value (not that I care about it - I made the decals for me, not a future person).

So your question can be reversed - perhaps better looking decals can actually raise the resell value..?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Big: I do think think your sticker treatment is better than the factory stripes. But I would never pay extra for 'em. Never.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Big: I do think think your sticker treatment is better than the factory stripes. But I would never pay extra for 'em. Never.
Thanks. I would pay extra.. :biggrinjester:
Joking aside, I agree with you.
But would you lower a value of my bike just because of my non stock stickers? I see no reason to do so - that was my point to the OP.
I estimate that custom stickers cost on average anything between $20-$60. Even if the new owner wants to replace them, it is negligible.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I did it

I took the stickers off my 2011 and I like it much better. I am not looking at resale because, to me, that's like planning to lose at what ever game you're playing. I plan on keeping this bike for along time. I've even removed the side panels and I will ride it naked for a while. I'm thinking about how Black Lab cut the mount points off his tank. Still thinkin' about that move.

It's your bike and it should reflect you and who you are; naked, destickered, or custom paint. :beatnik:

·
Administrator
17,218 Posts
Stroms are not bought for resale, make the bike your own.

·
Registered
759 Posts
What is the "Black Lab" bike you all refer to? Are there pictures in this forum?
Black Labs bike is in the stromtrooper hall of fame, along with his dog (he even had his own thread going for awhile). Barry has plenty of photos here somewhere...

He chimes in between building airplanes, boats, and fancy meals.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
It ain't going to make a dime's difference at resale.
If someone won't buy your bike because they think missing stickers mean its been crashed and they don't want to believe you then the next guy in line will buy it.
Personally if I got the hit that a buyer thought I was lying to him I'd ask him to leave because there is a headache coming if he does buy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new Strom had so many stickers on, I asked the dealership to warm air them off before I took it away.... Most were so obvious, an ape would know the answer....:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts