StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I return stateside (D.C. in December, if anyone there knows of a Wee that will be on the market at that time) I'm going to be ready to purchase a Wee. I rented a Wee in Ecuador for a couple days, fell in love, have done/am doing a boatload of research, and nothing I've found tells me this bike isn't the way to go. I plan to commute on it within the city and really want the capability for a longer trip.

I'll get to my question. After trapsing South America for five months, the budget will be a constraint. My hope is to find maybe an older bike with as low miles as possible. At what point, mileage-wise, would you begin to be hesitant in buying a used Wee? I know there are a thousand variables, mainly how it's been cared for, but I'd really like something under 10,000 miles...

Is this a bike I can expect (with good care, of course) to really pile on the miles? I'd sure prefer something that's going to last me a long time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Good luck on your search. I wouldnt worry too much about mileage. The wee has an incredible engine. There are a few people on the forum with well over 200k mi on theirs and still running strong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck on your search. I wouldnt worry too much about mileage. The wee has an incredible engine. There are a few people on the forum with well over 200k mi on theirs and still running strong.
Thanks! That's exactly what I want to hear- people saying their Wee has 100,000+ miles and still going strong. Thanks for the quick response, HotPocket.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sage is a fairly drought tolerant plant, but will grow better when moderately watered. It loves full sun and well drained, average or even poor soil fertility. Can be started from seed, or start plants from cuttings of new growth in mid to late spring. After it flowers, cut them back; and in late spring, just as growth begins to renew itself, cut plants back by about half. Hardy to about -10 degrees F (-23 degrees C) and will grow to about 12-20 inches (30-50 cm) high.

There ya go!:new_shitsmiley:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I like to bride the sage and rub it on poultry.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I know of one Wee with over 125,000 miles on it and a another with over 100,000 miles that was drowned once. The rear wheel was rotated in gear with the spark plugs out to pump water out of the engine. I sold mine with over 77,000 miles on it and it's still doing fine. The things are hard to kill. I would be wary of a 5 year old bike with under 10,000 miles as it would probably have spent some time uncared for with condensation causing rust in the tank and acids in unchanged oil eating the engine.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
There are some low-mile bikes out there, too.

Check your PM box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts