StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently relocated to Des Moines, Iowa and of course my bike is over due for a valve clearance check with 18k on the odometer. Being new to the area I'm wondering if any of you Iowa fellows might be able to help me find someone or a decent mechanic that you would trust in the area? I do all my own servicing, however the valve check seems like something i'd prefer to have done by someone with more experience than I. I appreciate any input you may have, thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know any independent mechanics but Struthers Brothers Suzuki in Des Moines has a good service department. A co-worker just took his Triumph Tiger in for a valve check and it was only $230. Pretty affordable. Hope that helps. I also would be interested in an independent mechanic around Central Iowa.

I am in Des Moines also if you ever want to meet up for a ride.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check them out. Have you every heard of or done any business with Fenders Cycle? It's in SE Des Moines. They quoted me about $200 as well which i thought was reasonable.

I'm always up for a ride. Do you have any favorite roads/routes around the central iowa area that you would be willing to share?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check them out. Have you every heard of or done any business with Fenders Cycle? It's in SE Des Moines. They quoted me about $200 as well which i thought was reasonable.

I'm always up for a ride. Do you have any favorite roads/routes around the central iowa area that you would be willing to share?
Fenders is a great shop. Its an independent I believe. I buy tires from them. Only $22 to mount and balance if you bring the wheel in off the bike. I wouldn't be afraid to have them do your valves.

I am not aware of any real great roads around Central Iowa. I have been up to McGregor, IA area twice this year to ride the Great River Road along the Mississippi River.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts