StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ever since my accident last summer I believe my 2008 wee's engine is vibrating more then usual. However I took it in after checking a bunch of things myself and the tech's say it's normal. I was wondering if someone in the Denver area had a 2007 or later wee that I could take for a short spin, or someone could take mine for a short spin to just have a second opinion. The footpegs and bars seem to vibrate badly at 6,000-6,500 RPM and before the accident I didn't reach this level of vibration unless I was up in the 8,000-9,000 RPM range.

Maybe it's all in my head, but maybe not. Anyway beers, or lunch for whomever wants to help me out. I'm available this weekend (19th, 20th), or after the first of the year.

If more than one person wants to come I can whip up some food on the grill.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Maybe it's not the engine, but perhaps something else that's come loose.

Several thousand miles after my "incident" I got a noise at around 5,500 RPM. Turned out to be plastic fatigue. One of the attachmen points for the fairing has moved and finally failed.

·
Registered
585 Posts
So, ever since my accident last summer I believe my 2008 wee's engine is vibrating more then usual. However I took it in after checking a bunch of things myself and the tech's say it's normal. I was wondering if someone in the Denver area had a 2007 or later wee that I could take for a short spin, or someone could take mine for a short spin to just have a second opinion. The footpegs and bars seem to vibrate badly at 6,000-6,500 RPM and before the accident I didn't reach this level of vibration unless I was up in the 8,000-9,000 RPM range.

Maybe it's all in my head, but maybe not. Anyway beers, or lunch for whomever wants to help me out. I'm available this weekend (19th, 20th), or after the first of the year.

If more than one person wants to come I can whip up some food on the grill.
Swing on over to Aurora and we can compair. I just bought a 09 model. Still have Temp tags on it. e-mail me or pm me for address and phone #

1 - 4 of 4 Posts